Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bead Fest: Philadelphia

You'll probably end up seeing many different posts about Bead Fest: Philadelphia, all around the blogosphere this week. I wanted to share some of my loot with you today. Although I went to Bead Fest with the intention of NOT buying a boatload of Art Beads, I was not very successful.
I can't help it! Bead Fest is probably one of the best places to stock up on art beads! There were so many great artisans there selling their handmade beads.

I stuck to some tried and true favorites like Green Girl Studios and Bob Burkett pewter beads and components, and Marsha Neal Studios ceramic buttons and bobbles. I also snagged some beads from some new peeps, like these enamel metal components from C-Koop Beads. I can't wait to start putting these beauties into some jewelry designs. I picked up a few pieces from Kristie Roeder, of Artisan Clay, a couple of her smoke fired beads, and a Fall inspired ceramic connector with gorgeous leaf colors. And then after I was all done shopping, I spotted and fell head over heels for this sweet little Shibuichi bee charm from Leanne Hartman, at the Pumpkin Hill Beads booth. Look how sweet he is! I might have to keep him for myself.

All in all, it was a total blast, and well worth the Philadelphia traffic, pouring rain, and uncomfy Sleep Number bed. I got to meet in person some fabulous people such as my roommate and partner in crime, Kelley Wenzel of KelleysBeads. And walked away with a huge stash of new beads! If you didn't get a chance to make it to the show, I would put it on your calendar for next year and I'll see you there!

Written by Lorelei Eurto

See more of my work at my Etsy shop, and check out my blog!

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

You're a lucky girl. Your new stash is inspiring. It must be hard not to buy one of everything.

JenniferJangles said...

Oooo, wish I could have been there.
Jennifer
Jangles

lunedreams said...

DEFINITELY keep the bee for yourself.

Gardanne said...

Congratulations on writing for ABS!!

rosebud101 said...

Sounds like you had a great time and got some great beads.

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Great post, Lorelei! Glad to see you are writing for ABS!

TesoriTrovati said...

So glad to see you with ABS! Your trip sounds fantastic. And your stash makes me drool! Looking forward to your creations!
Enjoy the day! Erin

Beadspired said...

Looks wonderful! Love that loot.

Marsha Neal Studios' link isn't working. Thought you'd want to know...