Saturday, August 1, 2009

Studio Saturday-Hands of Creativity


Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.
Last weeks winner is
Carmen Perrin Congratulations! You have won a Jangles Bead from the studio of Jennifer Heynen. Send Jennifer an e-mail with your address and she will get it right out to you.

This week we visit the studio of Tari Sasser of
Creative Impressions In Clay.

I have been making ornaments for many years. The ornament shown above has been my signature ornament for quite some time, along with it's tagline "The Hands of Creativity Come in Many Colors."
It is so true, the hands of creativity do come in many colors. We all color the world with different colors in our own way. It may not be with your hands but everyone is creative in one way or another.

:: Tell me how you color your world or someone else's world! ::

Leave a comment and you could win a Hand button.

© Tari Sasser :: Creative Impressions In Clay

8 comments:

Mari said...

I put color to my world, which consisted of my family and friends, with my hands. The medium I work my handmade jewelry is with seed beads. The seed beads come in a huge variety of colors!!! Millions and millions of beautiful colors!!! All my gifts are handmade jewelry in seed beads. And my entire intimate world is filled with the color of my handmade seed bead jewelry!

Jeannie said...

I think the positive people I surround myself with help color my world and me theirs.
My love of all colors shows in my own signature design of handmade jewelry and I hope it puts a smile on your face

Elizabeth said...

My love is jewelry making, but making "stuff" with my hands has been a life long endeavor. My day job is in educational administration and primarily I help support struggling teachers. I creatively color my world with my empathy towards others and my ability to break problem solving into doable chunks.

When it comes to bead making (polymer clay) and/or jewelry making my eye for chunking details is very valuable and definitely colors the outcome.

Beautiful article! Thank you.

rosebud101 said...

I color my world with bright colors! I love bright colors. Red, orange, and deep purple are some of my 10,000 favorite colors!

TesoriTrovati said...

I color the world of those around me by listening intently to what they are not saying and tailoring a piece of jewelry to that which is unspoken but sings loudly in their heart.

When I make a piece of jewelry for someone they always remark how much more it was than they would have dreamed and how it was perfectly matched to them, as though they had this all along.

And that makes my world richer and brighter.

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Andrew Thornton said...

I love the hand motif! I just got a hand-shaped cookie cutter at the local kitchen store!

Valerie C. said...

I have a couple of friends that are disabled and can not get around to easily plus they just do not have to money to do anything. I do what I can to help them be creative by giving them free beading lessons and giving them all of my left over beads and old jewelry to create with. It is so amazing the jewelry they make with what I give them. I can not aford much but I do what I can.

Kiwiken said...

I don't use a lot of colour for my own jewelry (except blue sometimes), but I often get asked for a certain colour I wouldn't personally want to wear - "Can you make that necklace in may green?" or "I'd love those earrings with a bit of green in the beads!" I seem to have a lot of relatives and friends that love green, so I now get to experiment with that colour, and I must say I enjoy it.