Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Featured Designer of the Week - Lyn Foley!

We didn't forget!  The resin blog hop had a set date, so I decided to work around it rather than double post yesterday.  I didn't want our featured designer to have to share the glory on their day! Each week we feature the Designer of the Week. One of our editors pick their favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries.


 This week's featured design is Lyn Foley's Luna Park Necklace.

You can read about the creation of Lyn's necklace on her blog here and visit her website to see more of her luscious lampwork and beautiful jewelry designs.

Heather notes, "I picked Lyn's necklace for two reasons, first the overall design is a joyful celebration that is directly inspired by the fun carnival feel of the inspiration painting.  And secondly, her beads are a perfect match for the challenge, you can see where each part was inspired by the painting.  This is 40" of awesome beads put together in a solid example of great design."

If you'd like to see your work featured here next week be sure to enter our monthly challenge inspired by Vestie Davis' Luna Park painting.

UPDATE: Lyn is now offering her lampwork beads on her site! www.lynfoley.com

Join us tomorrow for our first Art Bead Scene blog carnival! 

8 comments:

Lyn Foley said...

Heather, Thank you for this feature. So great to see my necklace in the lights of the ABS blog. The blog itself has been a great discovery for me, and the challenges have led me off in all sorts of new directions. Stay tuned for my entry to the color challenge. I am loving that too!

Unknown said...

I. LOVE. IT! Congratulations Lyn!!

Gardanne said...

Great job Lyn! I love how you used the murrini to represent the red and white pinwheel design in the picture.

Alice said...

A great piece that represents the inspiration painting. I just love all those colorful beads. I think just wearing this piece would put anyone in a happy mood!

Kirsten said...

Very pretty! Great job by Lyn!!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh lovely Lampwork!
Congratulations!

Cindy said...

What an incredible designer to showcase...Lyn has such pure talent with glass!

Pretty Things said...

Lyn's work rocks out loud!!!!