Friday, February 12, 2010

Turquoise Color Challenge

We have teamed up with color expert Margie Deeb for a special color challenge contest!  We have three judges who will select a winner based on creativity, aesthetics, use of color, and wearability.  Our judges include Marcia DeCoster, Jane Dickerson and Lorelei Eurto.


Below you’ll see a palette from Margie Deeb’s Spring/Summer 2010 Color Report for Bead & Jewelry Artists.


For the challenge, use the following colors in anything you want, in any proportions you want. An art bead, a bead or component made by an artist or yourself, needs to be included in your design.

Read the guidelines and submission information here.
DEADLINE: April 1st, 2010.

PRIZE: Winner will receive a year’s worth (2) of Margie Deeb’s Color Report for Bead & Jewelry Artists and a $50 gift certificate from Humblebeads.com.
 
Be sure to check out Margie's Spring/Summer 2010 Color Repot for Bead & Jewelry Designers.  See examples of jewelry and color palettes based on Pantone's color forecast in this 23 page booklet.  I love this invaluable resource, it's a great inspiration!
 
About the Judges:
Marcia DeCoster is a popular instructor who teaches all over the world.  Last year she one of Beadwork magazine's featured "Designers of the Year".  She is also the author of Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence.
 
Jane Dickerson is a freelance writer and designer.  You may know her as the former Editor of Step by Step Beads, Creative Jewelry, and Bead Star magazines. Jane is also the author of Chain Style: 50 Contemporary Jewelry Designs (Interweave Press, 2009).
 
Lorelei Eurto is a popular designer, ABS editor and avid blogger.  Her work has appeared in countless magazines and books including Chain Style and Enchanted Adornment.
 
About Margie Deeb:
Artist, designer, musician, and color expert Margie Deeb is the author of several beading books, including the popular The Beader’s Guide to Color and The Beader’s Color Palette. Her color palette book was named the Best Craft How-To Book of 2009 by the prestigious Library Journal. 
 
Visit Margie's website for a wealth of color information and inspiration!

16 comments:

Rosanne said...

Oh what fun! I just got Margie's Spring/Summer color report. So much information...

Jeannie said...

Perfect Spring Palette..Great Prizes. It will be a fun Challenge. I wish the best to everyone.

TesoriTrovati said...

What a fun spring challenge! I am on it!
Great prizes and outstanding judges all around.
Thanks for the fun inspiration!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Michelle Mach said...

Those colors should help chase away all this snow! Good luck to all the entrants!

Andrew Thornton said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm going to have to carve out some time to work on a piece!

Pretty Things said...

That NECKLACE on the book! Oh my!

Anonymous said...

I have followed the Art Bead Scene Blog for awhile and never participated in a challenge. Well, until now! Those colors have got me intriqued, I have to see want I can come up with.

Sheila Davis Designs said...

I love a challenge and those colors are so yummy!

Boston Baked Beads said...

I think I'll give it a whirl - I'm so excited - never did a challenge before!

Lisa said...

Oh, this is such a great color combo to work with! I'm in! Good luck to everyone!!!

Glenda of Dax Designs said...

Just to let you know I have nominated you for the The Sunshine Blog Award. It is given out to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world. Pop by my blog tomorrow - Dax Designs Bead Art (http://daxdesigns.blogspot.com)to collect your award.

Jen Judd said...

I've had this color combo floating around in my mind since this post...my ideas are still a work in progress, but check this post out...part of my exploration...http://jenjuddrocks.blogspot.com/2010/03/adventures-in-polymer.html. :) Ciao! Jen

lisa oram said...

I think I just found my first ABS bead challenge. I have ideas already, and still plenty of time! Thanks for the inspiration.

Pedralba said...

Great Colours! can't wait to get started on this challenge!

Unknown said...

Really looking forward to see all thats made! Beautiful colours for the challenge!

dictionar german said...

Great contest! It's a pitty that I found out about it too late. When will be the next one?