Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010 Color of the Year!

Turquoise
“In many cultures, Turquoise occupies a very special position in the world of color,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “It is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many – taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy.”
To read the entire article from Pantone, visit this link.


Add in splashes of red with turquoise for a vintage inspired look.

Mix turquoise with bronze and copper for an earthy feel.

Add blue, cream and brown for a surf and sand combination.

Green and yellow combined with turquoise add a playful spring quality to a color palette.

Beads featured are from my Humblebeads Etsy shop.

10 comments:

Judy said...

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors and stones to work with.

mairedodd said...

well, this certainly is good for me - i love turquoise! and what beautiful beads!

Pretty Things said...

I love it. I have an entire bead drawer dedicated just to turquoise.

Jen Judd said...

I have a turquoise drawer, too! Plus, I love the combination with "tomato soup" red. You may actually see a necklace with that combo in print this summer. :)

Azure Accessories said...

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors/stones to work with...it is so versatile, it goes with almost anything!

Cheers

Tania - Jet Designs said...

I knew there was a reason I loved this colour - most of my beads from some turquoise in them, I am wearing a coral and turquoise bracelet and turquoise earrings as I comment - Love the Turquoise!

Heather Powers said...

It's one of my favorite colors too. You can go in so many different directions depending on what you pair it up with.

Alice said...

I love turquoise and think it is one of those colors that will never go out of style.

Beautiful beads!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors and beads!
So very lovely!!

Kirsten said...

Just beautiful Heather! You capture the beauty of nature so well..... How appropriate Turquoise!!..... We all need compassion, healing, faith and truth these days...... Great post!