Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Autumn Inspired Art Beads

I'm so in love with autumn it hurts. I can't get enough of the colors here in Michigan - my first fall season in 10 years!  Each trip outside I feel like I have to have my camera ready to snatch those fleeting bursts of color.  The textures and shapes of foliage and trees make me giddy!

I've pulled out my ravens, owls, oak leaves, pine cones, acorns and tree beads - I'm chasing after the season in beads!

I see I'm not alone in my autumnal inspiration! Here are my picks of artist created beads inspired by the hues and symbols of the season.

Pine Cone Lampwork Beads
$18.00

Handmade lampwork glass bead...
$29.50

Lampwork Carnelian Dragonfly...
$95.00

Small Ginko Leaf Pendant
$8.50

Parched handmade stoneware b...
$11.00

Acorn Bead Pair
$16.00

Oak Leaves Pendant - Yellow ...
$18.00

Leafy Tree Pendant
$10.00

Ceramic Bead Donut Pendant P...
$10.00

SALE Naos Glass - Indian Sum...
$99.00

Brand New Autumn Bittersweet...
$5.00

Autumn Delight Leaves - Hand...
$29.00

Handmade Lampwork Glass Bead...
$8.00

AUTUMN DROPS - Set of 6 Hand...
$10.50

Autumn Harvest - handmade l...
$30.00

Lampwork Glass Handmade Flow...
$16.00


October by Robert Frost

O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow's wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.

The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.

Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know...

9 comments:

jen said...

Thank you Heather for including my pumpkin inspired beads.

Sherri said...

Very beautiful beads!!

Rebecca (RivkaBelle) said...

Oooo...drooling! LOVE the pinecones, acorns and Indian summer glass beads...Oh man, now I want to get bunches of these and start making stuff! :o)

Desert Wind Designs said...

Beautiful collection of autumn beads! I love fall!

Helena said...

Very-very nice idea! Beautiful*) Thank you *)

Alice said...

Beautiful and oh so tempting. But I've overspent my monthly budget. Thanks for sharing the links!

KeRobinson said...

Nice assortment of beads! Love them all!

Aquariart said...

Gorgeous treasury!!

Mermaid Glass said...

Thanks so much! Really beautiful work in here. :)