Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sundays with Cindy, now with Melanie


 Hi there!  If you are a long time reader of the Art Bead Scene, you might remember me: Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio.  I helped start the blog way back in the first posts and wrote here for quite some time.  My business and life took off in various directions, so I had to take a break for a while, but I am back now to present you with the Sunday posts!  Editor Cindy Gimbrone has decided to hand over the Sundays with Cindy posts over to me.  I would like to thank her for posting such great links for us every weekend and I hope I will be able to a good job filling her beady shoes!

Next week I will start posting with a new title and I hope to bring some additional fun content to your Sunday posts.  I am looking forward to being a part of the Art Bead Scene team again!  And now here are this week's beady links:
 
A Bead A Day
Have you ever made a zipper pull to match a pair of earrings? Check out this first attempt! 
 
About.com Jewelry Making
Jazz up your eyes with this beaded eye glass chain tutorial. 
 
Art Bead Scene
Shannon shares some tricks of the trade regarding jewelry metal punches. 
 
Beading Arts
What do you do with copper tube beads? Make a fabulous necklace, of course! 
 
Cindy Gimbrone Beads
This week's Tuesday Tangle is about experimentation and trying new designs. 
 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie gets ready to join up in the Etsy Boot Camp and is looking for more recruits! 
 
Resin Crafts!
Resin crafts has a few tips about resin and polymer clay. 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean reviews (and holds a giveaway!) of Jamie Cloud Eakin's fabulous new bead embroidery technique book, coming out in early October! And posts a Blythe doll photo, of course. 


The Bead Dreamer
Love miniatures? Charlene takes miniature book components, paper, ribbon and a few beads and makes a mini book necklace. You can too!

Melanie Brooks is the ceramic beadmaker behind Earthenwood Studio, who blogs from her Metro Detroit, Michigan home.

5 comments:

coffeeaddict said...

Thanks for these wonderful links :-)

riorita said...

Looking forward to your new articles.

Rebecca said...

Hi Melanie! *Love* that picture of you at the market - looks like an awesome stand you have there.

Virginia said...

Now that you're back, may I put in a request for Ms. Bead It All to make an occasional appearance? I miss her... Nice to see you back on ABS!

KayzKreationz said...

Thanks for the links. Will keep checking back on Sundays to see what you blog about.