Thursday, September 8, 2011

Perfect Pairings

Heather asked me to put together a few simple posts about my favourite things. I have been pondering what to write for a couple weeks as I was getting ready for my trip to Disneyland with my family!  Here is my first inspirational post...


When you are looking to create a piece of “Art Jewelry” nothing fits better than matching up your favourite art beads. Most of my pieces will always have at least one art bead, but the ones I love the most will have more than one from different artists put together in a pleasing and inspiring manner. For example here are some lampwork glass beads by Susan Kennedy of Sue Beads. She was the very first art bead artist I ever bought from! Mix these beads with some of Heather Powers of Humblebeads fantastic polymer clay head pins and you can create these.

Really, the sky is the limit when choosing your pairings. Don’t stop yourself from putting what you may think is an odd combination together, playing is the best part of this!

Try something like this funky and very awesome polymer clay house shaped pendant with an image of a vintage hot air balloon by Menagerie Studio and mix it with some Raku lampwork glass beads from Skye Jewels. You could make a chunky styled necklace by adding some fun wood beads to that pairing!

How about this eclectic and maybe unexpected mix of a delicate Porcelain pendant by Round Rabbit Extras  and these large filigree enamelled beads by Barbara Lewis of Painting with Fire! What a fabulous bracelet that would make! I am even seeing a large Green Girl Studios pewter clasp added to that...

How about pairing two art mediums by 4 different artists? It can be done without looking awkward! These are a mix of small ceramic beads and button clasp by MaryAnn Carroll of Macarroll beads, a green book bead by Jubilee, an adorable acorn charm  from LeAnn Weih of SummersStudio and some awesome “Camo” lampwork glass beads from Lisa Anderson of ArtbyLisi.  I can see these wire wrapped into a casual but earthy bracelet with some Vintaj brass wire. Maybe add a little chain in there for extra interest!

No matter what your perfect pairing is, remember your art beads and how special they make each, individual piece of your Art Jewelry!

 
Polymer flower beads by TooAquarius and a charm focal by Skye Jewels

 
Multi artisan lampwork, patina ring from MissFickleMedia, ceramic bead and wood Focal by Skye Jewels

Guest blogger: Marie Cramp of More Skye Jewels.  
Visit her blog and Etsy shop to see more of Marie's beautiful work.

8 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a wonderful post. Now I want to go art bead shopping! The filigree beads by Barbara are fantastic!!! ~Val

Alice said...

I love artist beads and have been using them more and more in my jewelry.

These are lovely, and you've got me drooling.

TesoriTrovati said...

That is awesome Miss Marie! I, too, love to mix my art beads. I think that it gives more visual interest and they play so well together!
Thanks for sharing this great article. Have fun at Disney!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

SueBeads said...

Thank you so much for mentioning me, Marie!!!!

SoulsFireDesigns said...

Gorgeous and inspiring as always, Marie! Have fun in Disneyland!

Linda Landig said...

An inspiring post! I just went on an art bead shopping spree a couple of weeks ago. So fun to create jewelry with art beads. They make the finished piece so special!

Elaine said...

Beautiful pieces as always Marie! Thanks for the nod... was wondering why the sudden run on my flowers!

Marie Cramp said...

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful words! I look forward to doing my next guest post in 2 or 3 weeks!