Monday, September 26, 2011

Featured Designer - Karyn of Plus Size Bangles

Each Monday the Art Bead Scene features a Designer of the Week.
One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries.
This week's featured designer is;
 Karyn of Plus Size Bangles!
Here is what ABS editor Shannon has to say about this special piece;
"The professionalism of the photo lept out at me from the entries page and when I clicked to get a closer look, I totally "got" this necklace. I was really excited to see the close up texture of the hemp as it pulled from the burlap in Lillie Mae's quilt.  The colors and image of the resin bezel a perfect souvenir of such a treasure as "Housetop".
 
Please take time to view Karyn's other earthy but elegant offerings in her etsy store.  

14 comments:

JeannieK said...

Congratulations Karyn! Love the pendant.

Shel said...

Very Nice - love this photo, too!!

Malin de Koning said...

Oh, I also love the presentation! And the necklace is super duper nice!!!! Congrats Karyn!

Alice said...

I love it!!! The use of fiber makes the necklace a bit different, and also lets the focal really stand out. I like the little notes out to the side too.

Pretty Things said...

I love this, and LOVE how you wrote out the design (coooool bit).

Sharyl said...

Wonderful jewelry and eye-catching presentation!

Sharyl said...

P.S. We're doing a special challenge on Sharyl's Jewelry and Reflections
regarding designing jewelry for special audiences. I would like to bring this entry, designer, and shop to the attention of our readers! I hope you don't mind if I link to your site!

Karyn B said...

Thanks so much! I spent a lot of time pondering this challenge this month, and I really enjoyed how much it stretched me. :D

beautifullybrokenme said...

This is such a fantastic piece - love the texture and lines - beautiful!

Barbara Burns said...

I love this necklace - I love the callout text ... very nice picture & review!

Kathy said...

Karyn is awesome! I discovered her through BSBP and became a follower

Kathy said...

Karyn is awesome! I discovered her through BSBP and became a follower

Chris Hansen said...

Karyn, I'm really loving your interpretation of this month's theme - very creative! Well done, my dear!

Unknown said...

This is really an attractive presentation. Thanks for sharing this.
________________________
Designer Bangles