The winner this week is Beth! - Congratulations, you have won one Lynn's Button Rings! Email Lynn with your address, and she will send the ring out to you.
Welcome to the studio of Cindy Gimbrone!
Back in May, I debuted my Word Beads on ABS Studio Saturday. Here's a set of earrings I made for a good friend using my favorite Vintaj findings and the 12-13mm Word Beads in purple. I titled these earrings, Well-Loved. I share the tutorial with you today so you can make your own set of earrings for a friend, a family member or yourself.
Ally word beads
Two (2) Vintaj pearl headpins
Two (2) Vintaj kidney earring wires
Two (2) Vintaj 8mm foliage bead caps
Four (4) vintage 3.5mm orange firepolished Czech glass beads
Dapping Block/punch set
wire flush cutters
1. Open the Vintaj 8mm foliage bead caps to fit the 12-13mm Ally word beads. Place in the dapping block and hammer with the punch to widen the 8mm bead cap. Start with a size just slightly larger than the 8mm bead cap. Go up to the next size and tap with the punch to widen the bead cap more. Keep gradually widening the cap until it is able to fit over the 12mm Ally word bead. Do this with all four beadcaps.
2. String in this order onto the Vintaj pearl headpin: vintage orange Czech bead, foliage bead cap, Ally word bead, foliage bead cap, vintage orange Czech bead.
3. Cut the headpin down to approximately 1/2 inch from the top of the orange Czech bead. If the end of the wire is sharp, file to make it smooth.
4. Use your round nose pliers to make a loop. Do steps 2-4 to make the matched pair.
5. String onto the kidney wires.
There you have it! Your own set of "Well Loved!"
Have you made something using a tutorial recently? Share with us and you'll be entered to win one of Cindy's Word Beads.
Tutorial by Cindy Gimbrone first appeared on her blog, Lampwork Diva. She shares it with the Art Bead Scene Community by permission.