Friday, June 15, 2012

Art Bead Palette :: Marsha Neal Studio








I found the work of Marsha Neal thanks to this post from the lovely Erin, and I'm so glad that I did. I'm definitely responding to the warm, earthy colors Marsha uses for her porcelain beads.

It's funny, because I tend to get very seasonal with my color choices, and usually favor super saturated hues during the summer months. But I'm totally willing to make an exception here - Marsha's beads are just so pretty and subtle, color-wise, and so well designed. And then every so often you'll catch a surprising pop of color, like the baby pink in the first palette or periwinkle blue in the fourth.

These are just a small fraction of Marsha Neal art beads that are available, which is an awesome problem to have, right? So maybe it's unfair to ask, but which one's your favorite? I'm partial to the first palette or the third one - I'm loving the warm golden yellows paired with the cooler purples.

To see more from Marsha, or grab a few beads for yourself, visit her Etsy shop. Photo sources, from the top:
1) Small Ceramic Pendants Set of Four, 2) Spiral and Dots Crescent Moon in OOAK Purple Glaze, 3) Cluster Spirals Round Shaped Pendant Set, 4) Spiral and Dots Crescent Moon Set in Dusty Denim, 5) OOAK Two Hole Crescent Shape Pendant in Etched Hot Red Pink Glaze, 6a) Ceramic Shard Pendants in Spring Pale Fern Glaze, 6b) Ceramic Shard Pendants in Strawberry Blonde Glaze, 6c) Ceramic Shard Pendants in Satin Matte Copper Glaze


P.S. And if you've got a favorite art bead artist, I'd love to hear who you're loving!

For more color inspiration visit Brandi Hussey's blog, Brandi Girl Blog.

1 comment:

Tania Tebbit said...

I agree wonderful colours!