Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lady in Red Bead Theme

When I look at Edward Hopper's Night Hawks I am immediately drawn to the lady in red.  She has me wondering what kind of jewelry is tucked away in her jewelry box and that had me heading to Morning Glory's website to look at some vintage jewelry from the 1940s.  


Some things that caught my eye while searching through the articles and jewelry archives were:
  • Enamel brooches in floral and bird themes
  • pearls
  • beaded beads
  • bakelite
  • jade
  • cinnabar
  • filigree
  • beaded chain
  • chain with textured bars
  • tassels
  • monochromatic designs
I whipped up a treasury with some a mix of modern art beads and vintage findings that would fit this month's theme.  Check it out here.


So if you have been stumped with this month's challenge painting, create something for our lady in red to wear!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I love those red beads! They are gorgeous!

Lynda said...

We are so like minded on this idea. That's exactly what I submitted for this month's challenge. That intriguing red head! Love the bead and findings you've put together for her. She'd love it!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Red adds so much to any design. Just don't ask it to be a wallflower!