Sunday, August 18, 2013

Show Me Sunday - People Beads with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello ABS-ers! Hope you are having a great August. I am busy, busy, busy - today is day 16 of my 23 day craft fair, in the Edinburgh Festival. Phew! As you can imagine, I'm pretty shattered, but I'm also thoroughly enjoying the experience - I'm surrounded by other lovely stall-holders, and on the most part, the weather has been good to us! It's amazing how quickly you fall into the routine of these things. I can tell I will miss it when it is over, although I'll be glad of a little down time. Already planning a little escape for a few days, once it's all over!

This week, I have a really striking piece of jewellery to share with you from Saraccino, which features an amazing bead which she created herself. You can read all about it over on her blog, here.



As always when I see talented people do things with polymer clay, I am totally in awe here! A stunning  bead, and necklace. 

We also had a couple of shares from Karin, featuring her bead embroidery work. Some more beautiful pieces - do take a minute to go and check them out! Here and here. Thanks so much ladies, for sharing your beautiful creations!

And here's a themed bead I found on etsy, from Bo Hulley Beads. 


There's something almost a little ghostly about the impression of this face...I can see some really atmospheric jewellery being created with it.

And now for the Bead Blogger Links. Happy Sunday, everyone!

A Bead A Day 
It's new product sharing day on A Bead A Day blog! It's all about stainless steel findings. 
About.com Jewelry Making 
There is still time for some summer time earrings. 
Art Bead Scene 
Check out Erin's big news - she will be presenting a webinar on Fibre Findings and Finshing Techniques for Jewelry for Interweave/FW Media! 
Beading Arts 
Cyndi has been experimenting with CopprClay again! 
Carmi's Art/Life World 
Do you have a charm bracelet? Wear it again as a necklace! 
Resin Crafts Blog! 
A vintage Parisian frame and a very old dried flower makes this new resin filled object special. 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! 
Jean reviews the 10th Anniversary Collector's Issue of Bead Style Magazine and it is GREAT! See Jean's blog! 
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton 
Andrew was (subconsciously) inspired by the color palette of his shirt when working on this brick stitch bracelet. 

Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Manchester, England. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Saraccino said...

Thank you for showing my necklace :) This bead ("She") as well as the necklace, the whole project, has a deep personal meaning for me.