Sunday, August 25, 2013

Show Me Sunday - People beads with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello ABS-ers! Hope you've had a great week. Today is the last day of my epic 23-day craft fair, and I am celebrating :-) It's been a fantastic 3+ weeks, but I am glad that tomorrow, I don't need to set my alarm clock and can start to catch up on some sleep. I'm heading off for a few days R+R over the next week, and I can't wait. 

Today's the last of our 'People Beads' theme, and I've found this really cute Raku face bead to share with you. I am absolutely in love with the glaze!


Next month is September, can you believe it....it's back to school and everything that entails. So I thought that, following Melanie's lead from last year, we'd do a back to school special - tutorials, books, how-tos....share your favourite educational link, be it yours or someone else's. 

And here are the Bead Blogger Links for you too:

A Bead A Day 
Have a great story about learning the Kumihimo braiding technique? Lisa would love to hear about it! 

About.com Jewelry Making 
Say good-bye to summer but not your flip flops with this fun flip flop earring tutorial. 

Art Bead Scene 
Check out Brandi's colour palettes drawn from ceramic beads from Pajego Art House - yum! 

Beading Arts 
Cyndi shares information on finishing metal clay pieces with a great patina. 

Resin Crafts Blog 
A simple resin bird mold becomes a wonderful piece of jewelry. 

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! 
Jean shares a great free guide to etching jewelry by Jewelry Making Daily ! It is great! 

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton 
Chevrons are trending now and have found their way into one of Andrew's bracelets! 

Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Manchester, England. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

2 comments:

baymoondesign said...

Sally Russick has some video tutorials at
http://thestudiosublime.com/learn/beaded-bezel/
That are wonderful. I have been using them to learn how to work with a cabochon. I have never done this before and it is coming along nicely. She challenged us to create and share on Sept. 19.

Anonymous said...

I just love the raku face bead!