Friday, October 3, 2008

Dark and Stormy Inspiration

We have two very talented beadmakers as sponsors for this month's challenge, A Dark and Stormy Night. We've already had some great entries, I can't wait to see what you create!

The prize this month is awarded to one designer. The winner is randomly chosen from all the qualifying entries to the flickr group during October. Remember your design has to include at least one art bead.

Our first sponsor is Gabriel Studios. Michele has donated an awesome tree pendant created with our theme in mind! You'll find all sorts of dark and stormy inspiration in Gabriel's shop, each bead whispers of a mystery.

Our next sponsor is former ABS contributor and dear friend, Elaine Ray! Elaine is offering a beautiful collection of ceramic beads featuring her tree pendants and a stormy collection of accent beads. Visit Ornamentea to purchase Elaine Ray beads online.

8 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

OH MAN! Awesome prizes this month!! What fabulous inspiration!
Two of my absolute FAVORITES too.

yay!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

This theme is so fun, I love playing with the mental images it brings up, and those prizes work so well together - it's inspirational!

rosebud101 said...

This is called stretching myself when it comes to making jewelry. What a great idea. I better get to work.

Erin Siegel said...

Wow! Great prizes! Two phenomenal artists!

Donna said...

This theme inspired me to make my own Dark and Stormy collection. See it at http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15859987

Mary Harding said...

Wonderful prizes this month. I love Elaine's beads. Her sense of design is so perfect.

Maneki said...

Wow, lovely prizes! I'm a november child som it feels like it suits me, both the prizes and theme I mean. I would like to give it a go so I thought I'd ask if the challenge is open to foreigners? (not something that one can take for granted everywhere).

Heather Powers said...

Hi Maneki - yes the challenge is open to everyone. Looking forward to seeing your entry!