Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop

Thank you for joining me on the 1st annual Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I hope you'll find the projects inspiring and helpful as you finish or maybe start decorating and putting together gifts for the holidays.  I want to thank those who have joined in the fun today.   

Little Church in the Woods
by Heather Powers
When I saw this pendant in Lynn Davis' shop I knew I had to have it immediately!  As soon as I saw it I envisioned an ornament from my grandmother.  The design reminds me of a decorative plate she has in her dining room.  My grandmother was also the biggest influence on my faith as I was growing up and even still to this day, so this gift holds lots of personal meaning.

Supplies
Pewter pendant - Lynn Davis
12mm ceramic round - Elaine Ray
10mm disk bead - Humblebeads
8mm rhinestone rondelle
10mm rhinestone bead
Pewter bead cap
1 1" gunmetal headpin
1 2" gumetal eyepin
5" 20 gauge steel wire

Directions
1. String the rhinestone bead unto the headpin, create a large loop.  Attach to the bottom of the pendant.

2. On the eyepin string the polymer clay bead, rhinestone rondelle, ceramic bead and the bead cap.  Create a large loop and attach to the top of the pendant.

3. Create a wire hanging with large spirals on the ends of the steel wire.  Hammer the wire with a ball peen hammer on a bench block to strengthen the wire and add texture.  Slip through the top of the ornament.

Happy Holidays!

The blog hop participants:

Art Bead Scene - you are here! 















*If you have sent me an email and don't see your name on the list, don't panic - just leave your link in the comment and I will add it in the morning.

And starting on Wednesday we are bringing you the Art Bead Scene's 12 Days of Christmas - we'll have 12 free projects from our editors from now until December 24th.  Just our way of saying thanks for another great year here at the ABS!

14 comments:

Spirited Earth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diva Designs Jewelry said...

Gorgeous ornament, Heather! I love, love, love it!

Happy Holidays!
Lynda

Michelle Mach said...

I love how you added beads on both the top and bottom of the pendant to frame it. It adds a nice bit of color and texture, but the pendant is still the focus. In the words of Goldilocks, it is "just right"!

Islandgirl said...

Really like the pewter disc! Perfect for Christmas. Reminds me of the winter we lived in Europe. Thanks for doing this blog hope! IT was fun.

Wishing you a Happy & Safe Holiday!

Islandgirl aka Lynne

Spirited Earth said...

this ornament is lovely, the addition of the rhinestone bead is really nice. love this.

Elysian Studios said...

So pretty! I love your personal story of inspiration, and I think kthe pewter disc reflects your story perfectly. The sparkly accents really set off the piece!

Rosanne said...

I missed this ornament this morning. It so sweet. I need to remember that to visit Lynn's shop more often. An ornament swap might be a good idea. I had lots of fun participating.

Beatnheart said...

Beautiful work...please stop by..I’m having a GIVEAWAY

Alice said...

A lovely ornament. Thanks for hosting the blog hop--it was a lot of fun to see all the beautiful creations.

rosebud101 said...

I love this ornament!

Cindy said...

What a beautiful silvery ornament -love it (especially the added bling)! I'm looking forward to visiting the participants' blogs to see their holiday creations!

Elaine Ray said...

This is lovely Heather! Thanks for including me in on your memory of your grandmother.

Brian said...

Thank you for sharing. My daughter (7 years old) is really getting into doing crafts. Work like yours is helping to motivate her.

Joane the Ornament Lady said...

I cannot believe the details that are still evident in these metal ornaments! The pewter looks beautiful, and the beads really accent it well.