This simple and fast earring makes a great last minute gift.
Who's been nice on your list?
2 nickel seed beads 11/0
8" Sterling silver 20 ga wire half-hard
Round nose pliers, flat nose pliers, bench block, ball peen hammer, de-burr tool
1. Cut two 4" lengths of wire.
2. Create a loop at one end of the wire with round nose pliers. Grasp the loop with flat nose pliers and turn to create a spiral
3. String on disk bead and seed bead.
4. At 1 1/2" bend the wire with your flat nose pliers to create the hook.
5. Strengthen the earwire by hammering it on the bench block. Hammer more on the spiral and length of wire above the bead, leaving the back of the earwire slightly rounded.
6. Use the de-burr tool to smooth the edge of the wire.
*Hint: Do step 4 with both wires for a more uniform pair.