Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fit to Print Review: Stringing and Easy Wire Magazine

"A Little Fresh Air" by Erin Prais-Hintz from Stringing Summer 2011

Need a quick jolt of inspiration?  Look no further than Interweave Press' latest issues of Stringing and Easy Wire magazine.  Both issues are packed with art bead inspired projects by today's top designers.  You'll find a few of our Art Bead Scene editors within the pages of these awesome publications.

Stringing Magazine projects include designs with toggles, the oh-so trendy circle motif, a brush of blush theme featuring necklaces inspired by Pantone's color of the year, earthy primitives and power packed posies.  You'll also find 16 bracelets and 26 earring designs dripping summer's juiciest colors.  There are articles on trying overhand knots, designing jewelry collections and 30 favorites materials from Jamie Hogsett, Michelle Mach and Danielle Fox - find out what they couldn't live without on their beading table this summer!

I'm escpeically excited about this issue of Easy Wire magazine.  And it's not just because I have 4 projects in this issue!  Oh no, it's because it's packed with innovative and deciptively simple projects using wire!  I'm completely inspired by this magazine.  You'll find projects in here from Lori Anderson, Lorelei Eurto, Cindy Wimer, Cassie Donlen, Kerry Bogert, Andrew Thornton and many more - including some of our long time Art Bead Scene readers!  Congratulations to Cristie Clothier for the great cover design!  This issue is also bursting with art beads - such a great resouce for ideas on how to utilize your favorite beads.  I'm ready to pull out the wire and get to work!

And finally before I go today, I wanted to tell you about a new website from Interweave. It's called the Flockshop and you'll be able to save 40-60% off craft supplies from your favorite brands and Interweave products. Later this summer the Flockshop will be curated by popular bloggers sharing their favorite finds and yes, I am one of those lucky curators. I will be working hard to bring you some amazing bead supplies hand-picked by me! The website launched yesterday, be sure to subscribe so you won't miss a single deal!

11 comments:

sandi m said...

Thanks for the tip about Flock Shop. I'm signed up!

Pretty Things said...

The Easy Wire magazine is particularly well laid out -- they have a new art director that worked on it!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Congratulations on having 4 projects in this publication! I will have to pick this one up! ~Val

Anna Lear said...

I've been drooling over Stringing; haven't seen Easy Wire yet but now I have to get a copy!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Thank you for the mention, Heather! I'm headed over to check out the Flockshop now.

KayzKreationz said...

Congrats on your projects being featured. They both look like exciting magazines. Will have to check them out.

Cindy said...

Heather, I have both of these issues and they are packed with beautiful creatons - thank you for sharing!

Linda Landig said...

I can hardly wait to get my hands on the new Easy Wire! Thanks for the info on the Flock Shop. I had to chuckle when I read that they had the Flocking Best Deals!

Kristen said...

I'm very excited about this new issue of Stringing because one of my enameled clasps is used on a bracelet one the bracelet page. This is the first time I've been resourced in a magazine! And thanks for the information about the Flock Shop, sounds intriguing.

Gold Charm Bracelet said...

Very nice pieces indeed.I like the varied hues and the diversity of designs.the blend of the metal with the beads is very gradual and wonderful.

Amy F said...

I'm addicted to flock shop now :)