Friday, December 9, 2011

Aritists Helping Artists Auction

A single leaf working alone provides no shade. ~Chuck Page



Artists Helping Artists
We need your help.
 
Artists from around the blog community come together to help a fellow artist in need. There have been a lot of hops and challenges lately, and they are a lot of fun and stretch your creativity. But this is a hop with a cause: giving help where it is needed most.
 
What is it? Artists Helping Artists is a group of bloggers who has made something special offered up for the auction. All proceeds will be directed where they are needed most to help out our fellow artist in need. All you need to do is leave a comment on each blog in the hop with your bid amount. The auction will run through Sunday, December 11 and winning bids will be sent a PayPal invoice. Come back and bid againa and again!
 
What do you get? A beautiful hand- and heart- made piece by a talented artist. Christmas ornaments, beads and components, rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces. These are all very beautiful pieces that are just perfect for that special someone on your Christmas list, or a treat for yourself.
 
Here are just a few of the pieces available in this auction:
  
{New Growth-New Directions necklace offered by Erin Prais-Hintz}


{Strength of Spirit earrings offered by MaryJane Dodd}
 
{Ceramic bracelet offered by Nan Emmetts of Spirit Rattles}
 
{Glass bouquet bead necklace offered by Kerry Bogert}
 
{Ammonite bowl filled with components offered by Kristi Bowman}
 
{Necklace offered by Rebecca Anderson}
 
{Cute birdie ornmanet offered by Erin Fickert-Rowland}
 Please consider supporting this auction by visiting the entire list of participants below:
 
Marie Cramp and Lori Anderson http://skyejewels.blogspot.com/ 
Barbara Bechtel and Staci Louise Smith  http://secondsurf.com/ 
Erin Fickert-Rowland http://elysianstudiosart.com/ 
Keirsten Giles and Susan Fincher http://www.cerebraldilettante.blogspot.com/ 
Amanda Cargill Austin http://www.seashoreglassgirl.com/

We have built a caring and committed community of artists, designers and bloggers the world over. And when someone in our midst has needed it, we have come together to show our support and love and friendship. That is what makes this beading community so very special. Thank you.

"Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day." ~ Author Unknown

This is definitely a 'something good' today!



7 comments:

Shel said...

What a wonderful thing to do! This is amazing. I'm going to share it now! :)

Barbara said...

Thank you Erin, Heather, and the whole ABS team for sharing! This truly is a wonderful community!

Marie Cramp said...

I am humbly proud to be a part of this amazing group! Hoping we raise enough to help our fellow artisan well into the new year!! <3

Off the Beadin' Path said...

Thanks for putting all the pieces into one group! I'm the leading bidder on 2 items, but hoping that I am SO outbid! It's for a sweet and deserving person!

:-) MaryLou said...

A wonderful gesture... I'm just not sure who the artist(s) in need is/are.

/alien Beader said...

Hi there-
If anyone is reading this, I will donate all proceeds from my new etsy shop through Christmas to the cause. I'm a friend of the artist in need.
If anyone wishes to make an offer on any piece in my etsy shop, alienbeadings.etsy.com, please convo me. I will pay for shipping on anything purchased and donate proceeds to the cause. If someone wants to email me with where I can send funds, that would be great.

Thanks,
Lindsay Hawk
alienbeader@gmail.com

/alien Beader said...

I don't think most of you folks know me - I'm sort of new on the Etsy scene - and my blogs aren't very active. But I am a friend of the artist being helped. I expect it's too late to try to donate something to this effort, but I've publicised it at my blog and I'd also like to make a donation of all sales of items from my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/alienbeadings?ref=si_shop

Please get in touch with me at alienbeader@gmail.com to let me know that this is ok.
Thanks.