Thursday, December 29, 2011
On the 11th Day of Christmas: Willow Leaf Pendant
These are quick and easy. I used a pre-made chain to finish the pendants. I simply cut a chain in half and attached it to the end of my design.
Willow Leaf Pendant
Czech glass leaf
6 glass beads
15mm Arte Metal jump ring
8mm copper jump ring
2 4mm copper jump rings
8 links from a chain (make sure your chain links can open and close.)
1" copper headpin
6 1" copper eyepins
18" gunmetal chain
3" 21 gauge steel wire
Pendant length: 22"
1. With the steel wire create a loop through the pendant and wrap the wire twice, from a smaller loop and continue wrapping the wire under the small loop to create the bail.
2. String the glass leave on the headpin and create a simple loop.
3. Attach the pendant, glass leaf and large copper jump ring to the Arte Metal jump ring.
4. String one glass bead on an eyepin and create a simple loop. Repeat five more times creating six beaded links.
5. Attach three beaded links together with a chain links. Attach the links to the large copper jump ring with a chain link. Attach a chain link to the top bead. Cut the 18" chain in half and attach one side to the top of the beaded links with a small copper jump ring. Repeat on the other side.
Pendant: Humblebeads. Czech leaves: Dream Girl Beads. Glass beads: various sources, check out Beads by C. Art Metal jump ring, chain and findings: Hobby Lobby. Copper jump rings: Rings & Things.
Special bonus: As a year end gift, I'm offering 20% off my Etsy shop now through Monday. Use discount NewYear when you check out.