Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Featured Designer of the Week: Malin de Koning


Each week the Art Bead Scene features a Designer of the Week. One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries. This week's winner is Malin de Koning of Beading by Malin de Koning. You can read about Malin's earrings (and her other ABS Challenge-inspired design) here.


Here's what ABS Editor Rebecca Anderson had to say about Sue's piece:

"I absolutely adore these earrings! I love the vibrant yet rustic shades that Malin has picked out from this month's beautiful challenge piece, I love the painterly texture that the verdigris patina gives MissFickleMedia's swirls, I love their simple elegance and the embellished earwires.....and last (but certainly not least) I love how Malin has set them for this photograph. The thin branch is the perfect place to display these earrings. These are eminently wearable earrings! Fantastic work Malin."

12 comments:

baymoondesign said...

Great design! Congrats!

Unknown said...

These earrings look absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

High FIve Malin

Malin de Koning said...

Thank you so so much!

Jo said...

They are beautiful!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I love these and when I see them i imagine them gently tinkling like little bells. Musical jewellery!

Cece Cormier said...

Malin, love these!

Unknown said...

Congrats!! They are beautiful!!

Mary Harding said...

Absolutely gorgeous Malin. Congratulations!!

Tina from A Few Pretty Things said...

Amazing earrings! I love the patina combined with the coral orange beads.

I tried to contact you for advertising reasons but I didn't manage to link to your email address. Could you contact me to oandnsupplies@gmail.com ?
Thanks in advance

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Rustic beauties! Perfect for summer time!

beautifullybrokenme said...

I can always pick out Malin's beautiful work - I absolutely love her designs. Congratulations to an amazingly talented artist! :)