Sunday, March 17, 2013

Show Me Sunday - Flower Beads with Rebecca Anderson


Happy Sunday Art Bead Scene-ers, how's your week been? I hope you're all finding lots of bead down time. As you read this, I am not in my usual location of Manchester, England, but am instead in Milan, Italy! My partner is at a work conference here, and I have come along for the ride. Very exciting! I'll be looking out for bead shops, of course. 

We got some really gorgeous shares this week - thank you ladies! First up is Hazel of Continuum Designs, who showed us her pretty Lakeside bead set:

Hazel always makes such pretty and feminine designs - take a minute to look through her shop, it really is worth a visit.

Tiffany of In Love With Saturday has a whole load of flower-inspired beads in her shop. Take a minute to peel at her shop too if you are able, there were so many pretties that she shared in the comments last week - thank you Tiffany! My favourite was this blossom tree focal:


I just love the colours that Tiffany has used here.

And last but by no means least, Mary Harding shared a beautiful copper flower, which has sadly for us but not for somebody, sold out now. 

 Lovely, Mary! Really unusual and what a gorgeous patina. 

I took a peek through Mary's shop and couldn't resist sharing this lovely pendant as well - this one is still available, as I type at any rate! I love the vibrant and joyful colour scheme here.

This week has been a bit of a scramble, preparing to go on holiday, get all my normal work done, plus I managed to have nine magazine projects to write up before I left on the 15th! Phew. So you will have to forgive me and forgo the usual treasury. I promise to create an really cracking one for next week! Leave me your links and I will share your flower art beads here next week. 

Have a good week ABS-ers!

Add some luck of the Irish to your jewelry collection with these copper and crystal earrings. 



Pick up some great photo editing tips in a Q + A session with Brandi. 



In celebration of Seed Bead Month, Cyndi shares a project to help you use up some left overs! 



Carmi has a step by step post explaining how to use tissue and resin on an open wire earring component. 



Resin crafts blog has a great post explaining how quick and easy it is to add crystals to clay! 




Did you know that the month of March is also National Craft Month? The Cousin Corporation of America does, and check out what they have to offer us just for the fun of it! 

Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Manchester, England. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

2 comments:

Syrius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FloRaeMe said...

Hazel's beads are just lovely.