Sunday, March 31, 2013

Show Me Sunday - Flower Beads with Rebecca of Songbead

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely, chocolate-filled weekend. I'm afraid that, due to internet problems, this Show Me Sunday will reach some of you a little late. I'm staying away from home and my Mum's internet hasn't been so happy.....But here I am, better late than never, to show you our last few flower beads. (Yes, I know I got very excited about our new April theme, but Sunday is technically still March! Save the water beads for next week....) 

Here are a few of my flower art bead finds from this week:






Next Sunday really will be April, so I'm thinking of April Showers....Show Me Water-themed beads. Rain, clouds, the ocean, rivers, teardrops......think outside the box for this one! My favourite colours are within the blue-green spectrum so I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this coming month. Leave your links in the comments here! Enjoy today, wherever you are spending the extended weekend.


And now for the Bead Blogger links:

A Bead A Day 
Do beads and jewelry making components ever take you on a trip down memory lane? Lisa shares a song inspired by sparkle.

About.com Jewelry Making 
Make a cutie patootie little bunny charm bracelet. 

Art Bead Scene 
Erin takes us through this month's inspiring challenge entries! 

Beading Arts 
Cyndi has her March pieces completed for the Bead Journal Project, and they feature an embroidered form of the Cellini spiral! 

Resin Crafts 
Resin Crafts has a week of how-to's featuring Nunn Design and a great give-a-way for the winter Nunn Design collection. 

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! 
Jean discovered a great offer from Jewelry Making Daily and wants to share it with her readers! 

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton 
Using Now That's a Jig!, Andrew creates a fun ring! 

Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Manchester, England. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

4 comments:

baymoondesign said...

I really like these clouds
http://www.etsy.com/listing/95983605/artisan-bronze-pendants-cloud-pattern?ref=sr_gallery_4&ga_search_query=Cloud+components&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_facet=suppliesCloud+components

Perl - Eni said...

Amazing work !
The first is my favorite!

Diana P. said...

Thanks for including my flower. I have lots of beads that fit the description of your next showcase!

~Diana

Unknown said...

It is very beautiful wildlife in one tiny place, beautiful!