Friday, September 20, 2013

Art Bead Palette :: Fire Lily Glass Studio

In all the time that I've been here contributing to ABS, I've only just now realized that I somehow neglected to share with you one of my all-time favorite bead shops. I mentioned it briefly here, but never did a palette post for it. For shame.

Friends, let me introduce you to the beauty that is Fire Lily Glass Studio. One word: lush.

Dark Blue & Red Spot Beads


Mauve Olive Boro Beads


Green Blue Boro Glass Beads


Bright Yellow Royal Blue Swirl Beads


Cherry Red Purple and Orange Boro Beads

When I was selling jewelry, this was one of my absolute favorite boro resources because Erin, the artist behind these lovely glass creations, has such a dab hand at color and her quality is flawless. I can't tell you how many of her beads have passed through my hands; I honestly don't know. I do know that it's somewhere between "a lot" and "more than a jewelry designer can possibly use."

I also know is that borosilicate lampwork beads are my first art bead love. Once I stumbled onto these little works of art, the stunning colors hooked me in and I never looked back. I'm not a lampwork artist, so I don't know the specifics, but something about borosilicate glass creates amazing depth, and the colors seem to shine brighter. And Erin's shop is full of beady goodness!

There's a lot to love, so this is a tough question, I'm sure, but which one's your favorite?



P.S. If you happen to see a large lot of orphan boros (Erin offers them up from time to time), grab them. Not only are they a fantastic deal, they are also a great way to step out of your comfort zone with colors you may not be used to using. Just trust me on this.


7 comments:

Sarajo Wentling said...

Wow! What gorgeous beads... and palettes! Thanks for introducing me to Fire Lily Studio. And also thanks for the tip on the orphan bead lots... there was one in her shop when I went to check it out and now they are mine. So excited to see those beauties in person!

And now to actually answer your question: I think I have to go with the Dark Blue & Red Spot beads just because they are so vibrant but it's a tough choice.

Saraccino said...

They are all stunning! But the green and blue just hit the spot... but when I follower the link, they were already sold ;)

Cinnamon Jewellery said...

Totally agree these are stunning beads! The colours are beautiful.

Patti Vanderbloemen said...

Your pairing of her beautiful beads with your palettes made me "run" to her shop and make a purchase! Thank you!

SusanDolphinDelaney said...

Gosh, those are truly amazing beads. True works of art. I must admit that I love the spot beads the best. They remind me of my beloved Blossom Beads, which I make in polymer clay. Just like in her beads (which I saw for the first time today) my blossom beads have "lenses" on the surface which allow you to see deep within the bead to the underlying color. I envy her the absolute transparency of her glass! Susan of ladyflowersbysusan

Cindy said...

I'm with you, I love boro beads too. Your color palettes are just so beautiful and Firelily's work is just amazing! Talk about out of this world!!

Naomi Rose Designs said...

Cherry red, purple and orange!
Oh my!
Thank you for sharing this!