Sunday, September 29, 2013

Show Me Sunday - Back to School! - with Rebecca of Songbead

Happy Sunday, folks! I'm slowly getting used to my new surroundings, over here in Northern Ireland. This weekend was used to explore Belfast city centre, and I'm hoping we'll get out and about into the countryside soon too. It's still all very new, so our Back to School theme is still very apt for me!

This month, I thought I'd share a fellow Brit's tutorials with you. Some of you will probably already be familiar with Lesley Watt of Thea Jewellery and Thea Elements's work, but did you know that she also shares free tutorials on her blog, The Gossiping Goddess? Here are pictures of the things you can make under Lesley's expert guidance:

Wire Macrame Earrings

Gossiping Goddess Bracelet
Lesley includes full written and photographic instructions, and - did I mention? - these are free! Thank you Lesley, for your generosity :-)

And leading on from this lovely bracelet, October's theme is going to be......handmade buttons. Many art bead artisans are also art bead artists....just ask our resident button expert, Tari ;-) I know that I love using buttons in my own work - both as clasps and connectors, but also purely decoratively. I'm sure I am not the only one! Share links to your favourite art buttons in the comments below. 

And now for the bead blogger links:






















Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Belfast, Northern Ireland. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

No comments: