Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Perfect Pairings :: Jill Palumbo + Palumbo Polymer Jewelry



When looking at the Koson picture for the challenge, everyone is first drawn to the owl that dominates the space. But what I notice is the sliver of a crescent moon. That shape is something that I am drawn to, and it is my favorite sort of moon. 

This necklace is entirely a crescent, and has so many interesting folds and layers that I just want to reach out and touch it!  Do you see the owl on the wing landing on the branch? This is a substantial statement necklace that gets more beautiful and intricate the closer you look at it. 

Jill Palumbo is a polymer clay powerhouse and is the designer and the bead artist. Her designs are very organic and inventive. She is all about texture, and she tells that this was central to her design. I love to learn how a design came into being and you can read more of this stunning torque necklace on her blog. 

Featured Designer :: Jill Palumbo

Featured Art Beads :: Palumbo Polymer Clay Jewelry

 
Remember to share the name of the art bead artists in your description of the picture so that I can include that in the weekly Perfect Pairings, now on Wednesdays!
 
Join me here on Thursday, October 31st for the Monthly Challenge Recap
with a picture gallery and InLinkz blog hop!

1 comment:

Shai Williams said...

That focal is incredible! The more I stare the more details that pop out at me.