Monday, October 7, 2013

Show Me Monday! with Rebecca of Songbead

Welcome to the first of my new Monday posts! Show Me Monday....well, that title will do for this week, but I feel like there should be a better title....can you think of something better for me?!

This week, I am sharing some handmade button finds. Not strictly beads, but I bet everyone reading this has a button or two (or twenty-seven!) about their bead stash. I know I certainly do. 








Share your handmade buttony finds in the links below - and why not share any jewellery you've created, using handmade buttons? We'd love to see! Here's a bracelet of mine, featuring a gorgeous handmade pewter button from Mamacita Beadworks:


And now, kick-start your week with the Beadblogger Links:













Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Belfast, Northern Ireland. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.







5 comments:

Claire Lockwood said...

Lovely selection - thanks for including my button! These are very nice: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/79144431/green-with-envy-handmade-stoneware?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=button

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Hi Rebecca and welcome to Mondays... with tongue firmly in cheek, I suggest the title "Make Me Drool Mondays" LOL. Instead of a link to buttons for sale (and there are many lovely ones, this button addict agrees), how about videos on making your own with polymer clay?

Tina Holden is a fabulous Canadian artisan who sells both PC creations and tutorials on her Artfire shop, but these are some FREE video tutorials she shared last year:

beadcomber.blogspot.com/2012/10/how-to-make-buttons-and-shanks.html

Have fun!

Malin de Koning said...

Wow, I love that bracelet of yours. Super nice!!!!!

"Magic Mondays"?

Therese's Treasures said...

Those are some beautiful buttons. I don't have a lot of Art bead buttons, but I do have lots of buttons of all shapes and sizes in my stash. How about Amusing Mondays (a play on the word muse)because this blog is about giving and getting inspiration.
Therese

Mary Harding said...

Super nice button finds Rebecca. I am so pleased to be included. I have an extensive collection of older buttons besides making my own. I love to use buttons for the clasp on a bracelet too!!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RW0srR9FJJo/ULhAimDUmRI/AAAAAAAAv5E/msoqJ765BjI/s1600/blog-challenge-of-color.jpg