Monday, November 10, 2014

Amuse your muse - Holiday Beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

I'm back! Thank you so much for the superstar Tari (she's rather sassy, doncha know!) for taking over my weekly posts whilst I was away. I had a busy holiday, which included this beautiful wedding...


My brother-in-law and his now wife married on a gorgeous beach just off the coast of Florida, over two weeks ago now. It was a perfect day in every way, the weather was cool enough that we could all enjoy an evening on the beach, watching them begin this new chapter of their lives together. Am I the only one who always wells up a little at weddings? 

Anyway, it's back down to reality now - straight into the holiday season. How many craft events do you have coming up - are you exhibiting, or shopping - or both? I have five events between now and Christmas, and I am pretty sure I don't have enough stock for even the first event right now....Best get cracking! 

To help others in similar situations, I thought I'd find some holiday beads to get started. I thought about holding this theme back until December, when it's more wintery - but then, it's almost too late to shop for them, isn't it? Let's see what I found from the Art Bead Scene Team....and don't forget to leave links to your holiday beads and art beady makes in the comments below. 

Fox Winter Woodland Bead Mix Set - Humblebeads

Tiny Snowmen Charms - Humblebeads

Elf Shack House - Humblebeads
Won't you guide my sleigh tonight? - Tesori Trovati

O Tannenbaum - Limited Edition Christmas Ornament - Tesori Trovati

Crazed and Scorched ceramic bead set - or Snowballs! - Something to do beads

Tree of Life - or Winter Forest! - Ema K Designs

Winter Pinecone pendant - Mary Harding


Sweet ornaments from Tari Sasser

Share your holiday bead finds in the comments below! And good luck with preparing for your holiday craft season.

And now for the BeadBlogger Links:






Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in Edinburgh, capital of her native land. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

6 comments:

Claire Lockwood said...

Oh, thank you for featuring my, er, snowballs!

Colleen said...

Those are the snowballs that you make when you really want to have a fight but there isn't much snow, so they get kinda dirty. And rocky. :D

I have my very first craft show on Dec 6th, just a 4 hour one that is free. Good chance to get my feet wet.

My holiday finds:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/106783893/christmas-lampwork-beads-holly-berries (she also has snowballs)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166673934/hand-rolled-paper-christmas-beads

https://www.etsy.com/listing/202677846/christmas-lampwork-bead-set-in-holiday

And Heather is killing me with all of her awesome new sets. Especially as I really want to join her bonbon class.

Liona (Blue Merlin Creations) said...

I just found these shops the other day!

Beautiful lampwork poinsettia beads - https://www.etsy.com/listing/205570392/poinsettia-christmas-beads-pairs?ref=hp_mod_rf

A stunning snowflake focal:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/209232156/handmade-lampwork-sandblasted-snowflake?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Fun snowman beads - https://www.etsy.com/listing/110533717/snowman-snowlady-with-2-snowballs-white?ref=hp_mod_rf

Divya N said...

Oh these are truly amazing finds

TesoriTrovati said...

Welcome back, Miss Rebecca! I love this assortment. Thank you for including me! I guess I put my holiday offerings in at just the right time. ;-) I adore those little house ornaments from Miss Tari and the sweet fox with the scarf. Off to stalk them now! Enjoy the day! Erin

Mary Harding said...

So good to have you back Rebecca. Wonderful Holiday season picks. Thanks so much for including my Pine Cone pendant. I have added some snow pine tree charms to my shop herehttps://www.etsy.com/listing/172242060/handmade-snowy-fir-tree-charms-set-of-2?ref=shop_home_active_1
just in case you need something for next week.
Love your new stud beaded bead earrings!!