Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Muse and Bead Link Party

Hello! Kind of a late start to Monday, but that's okay. I'm busy getting ready to set sail on the Bead Cruise next Monday so today I'm sharing more sea inspirations.

I love sea urchin shells and have quite a collection of them. I also love their bumpy textures as  inspiration for beads. So let's see how these bead artists have tackled sea urchins as their muse.

This looks like an ancient treasure from the sea, lampwork by Stone Designs by Shelia.

I love the tiny bits of silver dots on these lampwork beads from NaOs Glass.

Gorgeous hollow lampwork beads with a magical silvered finish by IrinaS. Pretty sure a mermaid would have these in her collection. 

A fun shape with the urchin texture in copper by Kristi Bowman Design.

A very pale blue rendition offers a cottage shabby chic feel to these ceramic pieces by Firefly Design Studio.

Aren't these amazing? The color and texture just make me want a million of them! Porcelain beads by Earth Elements.

And a pair of knobby sea urchins from little ol' me. I'm digging tiny charms lately, clustering them together for fun pendants. You can find these in my Humblebeads Etsy shop.

Bead Link Party

New for Mondays! I've love visiting your blogs.

We invite our readers to share their blog post links with us each week. As long as they feature jewelry or beads, share your favorite post from last week with us. We hope this will inspire you to blog a little more often and bring our community closer together.

1. Please only post blog new links each week. *

2. Visit at least two other blog links and leave a comment. We want to grow our blogging community and encourage you connect with each other.

3. You have until Wednesday each week to share your blog post.

We want to connect more with our readers! Join the party and share you latest beady blog link.

Haven't blogged in a while? It's the perfect time to share what you have been up to, what you find inspiring, your creative process, interview a favorite beadmaker, review a beady book - get creative and get blogging!

The beady link party is open to jewelry designers, beadmakers and group bead blogs.

Share you link using the "Add a Link" Inlinkz button below.

*We ask for fresh links, if you have a post that you haven't shared with us yet but it's a few weeks old, that's cool.

8 comments:

Earth N Elements Pottery said...

What a great collection of handmade beads, clearly inspired and inspiring. Thanks a million for sharing my porcelain mossy blue urchin beads, can't wait to share your blog with my friends and family!

Sheila Davis Designs said...

Thank you for the feature!

The Beadwench said...

What an amazing array of cute urchin inspired designs. .. gets me in the mood for the beach!!!

Honey from the Bee said...

Even though my link is "old" I thought others might enjoy seeing it since it's in the theme of sea urchins.

Sarajo Wentling said...

Love all the fun sea urchin inspired beads! Thanks for another great round of bead picks and for always introducing me to new bead artists.

Unknown said...

I love that you are doing this!

Rebecca said...

Love these sea relics!

Unknown said...

What a great collection of handmade
beads for sale
, clearly inspired and inspiring.

Thanks

can't wait to share your blog with my friends!