Saturday, April 9, 2016

Shopping for Art Beads on FaceBook

I had a really good mail week.  You know...every day when you go to your mail box, another small padded envelope is in there with your name on it.  YES!!!

I'd like to share with you what I received.  I shop with the end design of having at least one of my ceramic beads added to it.  Earrings are my #1 seller, so I do buy a lot of earring components.  Everything was purchased either from the artists own page with a link to their shop, or from a FaceBook selling group.  I shop (and sell) on Art Beads, Ceramic Art Bead Market, Handmade Component Bazaar, Touch of Class and Handmade Jewellery and Components Showcase.

First up is a lovely stoneware set of earring charms by Natalie Fletcher.  Isn't the texture great?

When Erin Prais-Hintz introduced her polymer clay Seascapes line of pendants, I knew I had to have one!  I choose the seahorse for a fun summertime necklace:

I have been admiring all the earrings made with enamel charms, so I wanted to try a few earring pairs out.  This first set is by Tracy Lockhart:
Next is my favorite color turquoise.  Don't these have a fun beachy vibe?  These beauties were made by Rhonda Harris:
Etched glass headpins made by Raida Disbrow are going to make some beautiful earrings!  I make coordinating 15mm ceramic discs and 10mm round beads to stack over the glass.  Add a crystal and a wire wrap loop for simple but stunning earrings!
This is my first time working with Amy Cornett's headpins and I couldn't be more excited about them!  The shapes and colors are Fab!
And finally, beautiful tapered glass tubes made by Stacey Kroft.  I have never worked with this shape, so it will be fun to play with these:
I think just about everything I bought is in the blue family!  I guess I am consistent - Lol.  I will post some of my finished designs with these gorgeous art beads in a future blog.  Now I can keep up with my family and friends on FaceBook as well as add to my collection of art beads!

Michelle McCarthy
Firefly Design Studio

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely lovely and I do know that euphoric feeling of getting the package in the mail. Quite addictive! I see that you love the aqua and teal colors that I adore so much! Beautiful and I can't wait to see what you create!

Shai Williams said...

I love to discover beads on Facebook. I feel that they tend more towards the unique.