Sunday, October 2, 2011

Link Library with Melanie


 I mentioned last Sunday that I wanted to bring some new content to Art Bead Scene on Sundays for my weekly posts.  One of the things that I thought would be fun is to poke around back in the Art Bead Scene archives.  I was here at the beginning, and I have kept up with the blog since the first post, but I thought that some of you may be newer, and might not remember some of the great posts that were written on this blog over the years.  I am going to call the Sunday posts "Link Library" and it will be a blend of old and new links for you to peruse!

Today's link from the past is one of my first posts here.  I started to develop an alter-ego named Ms. Bead It All and set out to answer technical beady questions, ala Miss Manners style.  It was fun and I didn't do nearly enough of them.  Maybe I will revisit that, too! 

The post asked the question:

Dear Ms. Bead-It-All,

Help! I have fallen in love with some beautiful art beads, but the hole is going the wrong way! The beads have cute little faces, but the holes go up and down...it's all wrong! How can I string them on a necklace so they are in the center and facing upright?

 Click here to go back in the Library to read more from this fun link from the past!
 
And now, click on these links to read about some current events in our bead friends' blogs:
 
A Bead A Day
Lisa's got a quick tip for bead lovers! If a fabulous wholesale bead show comes to your city, don't miss it!  
 
About.com Jewelry Making
My, oh my, what is your favorite type of mother-of-pearl, natural, colored, bleached, all of the above? 
 
Art Bead Scene
We are all ready for Fall at Art Bead Scene! Check out the bounty of Autumn beady goodies we found from art bead makers on Etsy. 
 
Beading Arts
Cyndi has a really fun giveaway book with great projects for fall weekends! 
 
Cindy Gimbrone Beads
Cindy shares what she made with Cat's lovely etched copper heart. 
 
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie starts Etsy Holiday Boot Camp with some goals and promises 
 
Resin Crafts!
Carmi has a blog post featuring a resin disaster. 
 
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean goes back through the mists of time and fondly recalls a favorite bracelet she made using components from two favorite websites!  


 
The Bead Dreamer
Handcrafted jewelry and autumn looks for 2011 are just perfect together. Charlene shows how.
Melanie Brooks is the ceramic beadmaker behind Earthenwood Studio, who blogs from her Metro Detroit, Michigan home.

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I love what you are doing with this Miss Melanie! I was not here at the beginning (at least, I don't think that I was?!) so this will be fun for me. And I think that Ms Bead It All should come back! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Virginia said...

Can we leave questions for Ms. Bead-It-All in case you decide to bring her back?

melanie brooks said...

Virginia, YES! I would love some questions! Email them to me at earthenwood@gmail.com if you think of any! Thanks