Monday, November 4, 2013

Amuse Your Muse Monday with Rebecca of Songbead

Happy Monday, and Happy November to you all! It's certainly quite brisk outside over here in the UK - my winter boots are well and truly out, and I've just bought myself a new winter coat. I have flown over to Edinburgh for the weekend, as I was exhibiting in my first craft fair of the season yesterday, through in the lovely city of Perth, about an hour north of Edinburgh. This evening I'll be back over to Belfast for almost 2 weeks, before returning for another fair in Scotland. This move over to Northern Ireland certainly does make life a bit more complicated - or at least, it makes me have to try and be more organised! 

I'm sure I'm not the only one starting their holiday fair season, so November's theme is holiday beads. I wonder what you think about the idea of 'holiday' beads? I have to admit, I don't make holiday designs that often….but I do like to incorporate the odd snowflake into my designs at this time of year. Part of the reason I don't 'do' holiday designs is that I don't like it when they suddenly become unseasonal in the new year, but this year I was surprised when a pair of earrings I had featuring Kylie Parry snowflakes were put out on my Summer fair stand erroneously, and sold almost immediately! I'm sure there's a lesson in that. {And by the way, Kylie is most likely having an update today, including many of her beautiful holiday-themed designs, so do hop over there later to see if you can snag some loveliness from one of my favourite bead designers!}

We had quite a few lovely shares this week, so I'll hand over to our readers for now. First up, Linda Landig's gorgeous earrings, featuring snowflakes by Bo Hulley, and lampwork beads by Beads and Botanicals


Next up, Bead Swede Supplies shared these absolutely lovely stacking enamel flowers - Kristen says she thinks they look like poinsettias and I would definitely agree! 





And lastly, Kathy shared Suburban Girl's cute porcelain snowflake set, as she too, like me, loves snowflakes! Love the frosty colours here. 


Share your favourite holiday beads and art bead-laden jewellery in the comments below! And for anyone starting holiday fair mayhem - good luck!!

And now for the Beadblogger Links. Enjoy your week.














Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Belfast, Northern Ireland. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

3 comments:

baymoondesign said...

I love the holiday beads you featured. One of my favorites that can be added to the collection is
http://www.etsy.com/listing/118274044/2-handmade-artisan-ceramic-porcelain-red?ref=shop_home_active

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing my snowflake earrings! The components that you shared make me drool!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing my snowflake earrings! The components that you shared make me drool!! ;)