Monday, November 18, 2013

Amuse your Muse Mondays with Rebecca of Songbead

Gosh, is is really the 18th November? I don't know about you but this month is FLYING by for me. I am two events down of my five, with my next The Art Market at Holmfirth next weekend. {If you are around the north of England this weekend, then I'd love to see you there!} I took part in their Summer event in June and it was great, so I am really look forward to returning. Lots to do before then - price tags to make and write, ear wires to production line, display to tweak…..what preparations are you making for the coming month? Whether it's presents for friends, an open house or a whole host of fairs, it all requires planning and organisation - not two of my best qualities, it must be said! 

I also have a few holiday beads that of course, I must crack on with turning into designs sooner rather than later! I have a few beautiful Kylie Parry snowflakes that I don't want to turn into pumpkins before I get the chance to make some jewellery with them….and speaking of holiday beads…..no links left last week (sniff!) so you will have to make do with my finds this week!

First up, these fun snowball lampwork beads from Odie Bells Designs:


I can see these in some very sweet earrings! Also, they really would work all year round if you wanted them to - so no need to panic if you don't use all of them immediately. 

Next up, these (quite frankly) amazing holly beads from Donna Millard: 


I mean, what more to say other than WOW! The great thing with these too is that you can buy them individually. They kind of remind me of icing sugar dusted Christmas Puddings.

And lastly, these adorable wee Rudolph beads from Rebekah of Tree Wings Studio. 


I have two left over from last year that I'm going to make into a pair of earrings for my Mum (shhhh!).

And last, but certainly not least, you might want to (you have to!) go and check out lampwork artist and jewellery designer Sylvia Iskovich's etsy shop for some jaw-droppingly awesome work, like this festive necklace below - reminiscent of poinsettias, I think:


You NEED to see this artist's work! 

Good luck with all your preparations over the coming weeks. And now, over to the BeadBlogger links:











Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Belfast, Northern Ireland. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

2 comments:

Lilik Kristiani said...

Those are so gorgeous =)

Ann Schroeder said...

Love the beads you picked out to highlight.