Add a little color and texture to a simple design with this knotted waxed linen technique. Pair up any trio of art beads with larger holes to create endless variations of this style.
My art bead trio includes a branch lentil Humblebead, an Elaine Ray ceramic lentil bead and a pewter nest from Green Girl Studios.
Polymer clay lentil
Pewter nest bead
6 20mm wood coins
brass hammered ring
leaf toggle bar
2" brass headpin
5mm pewter spacer
24" Irish waxed linen
1. String the headpin through the leaf toggle pair, string the spacer bead and a create a wrapped loop. Set aside.
2. Double the 24" waxed linen, string through the brass hammered ring, wrap three times around the ring on with both ends of the linen, tie a knot with both strands of linen.
3. String a wood bead through one strand, tie a knot at the top of the bead with both strands of linen. Repeat two more times.
4. String the polymer clay lentil through both stands of linen, tie a knot. Repeat with ceramic lentil and nest bead.
5. Repeat step 3.
6. Tie 3 knots around the clasp, add a dab of beader's glue to secure last knot, trim off excess linen.
Bonus! Use discount code MERRY20 to save 20% off your Humblebeads Etsy shop purchases until Monday. .