Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August Challenge Color Palette

 
While this month's color palette is predominately red and black, there are a few other hues to draw out your muse. I don't know about you, but red is always a hard color for me to design with, so I'm more drawn to this rusty shade of red. Purple is used throughout the weaving along with the neutral putty color. There are a few accents of gold, brown and a muted plum woven in the design. 

The key to successfully using this color palette is pick one main color for your design and then choose a few of the accents to bring in interest to your jewelry piece. Proportion of the color will be important. Just as in our inspiration piece, one color dominate and then the accent add the spice. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create this month!

(A few beads from my shop that fit the challenge.)

2 comments:

Gloria Allen said...

Thanks for the inspirational guidance Heather. and your beads are just lovely

Unknown said...

I love love love this color and your rondelles are fab!