Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hello from the West End Fair, Edinburgh!

Hello from the West End Fair, Edinburgh! It's my turn on the blog today, and so I thought I'd share a little of my day with you. Not just my day in fact, but my month - this fair runs from the 8th to the 30th August, every day from 11 - 6! Phew. Here are a few snaps from the show today...

My stall, looking (hopefully!) bright, colourful and cheery. 

Perhaps slightly less so, now you can see the weather....it's rather soggy! It was gorgeous sunshine yesterday, I promise - hopefully more of that to come.

My facing neighbour, Ulrike, who makes the most amazing felted artwork! Woolly Felted Design. 


Beautiful felted flower brooches


My diagonally-opposite neighbour - Jen Cunningham - an amazing silversmith who makes gorgeous landscape-inspired jewellery.


Edinburgh landscape cuff

Dark Skies Jewellery - I just love Diane's colours!

Helix Nebula pendant - see what I mean about the colours? 


Nameless Wonders - Karen makes the most awesome, quirky collectable animals! I have the cheekiest mole at home from her.
Blue tweed cat. HOW cute?!

Someone who really needs no introduction on this blog...

Can you see who it is? 

This artist doesn't just make lampwork beads for you and me to work with...
She also turns her own glass art into beautiful, colourful jewellery herself...

But don't worry, she's got beads on her stand as well!

Yep, it's Helen Chalmers. (Needless to say, I probably have almost as many Helen Chalmers lampwork beads on my stand as she does....)

If you are in Scotland and anywhere near Edinburgh, I hope you will pop along and visit us here at the West End Fair, behind St John's at the west end of Princes Street!

Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am - as always - totally, totally gobsmacked by the beauty of your stall.... it's such an extension of your creativity and imagination. Hope you are having a great time! I also admire Helen's work - she's so talented. xoxo -- Julie

Unknown said...

wonderful, wonderful!
Thanks for sharing, I love the cat....and the beads... and the jewelry....and the..everything!

Bijoux Gems Joy said...

Lovely! Your booth looks great, even in the gloomy weather. Sunny days are always appreciated too.

You are amongst an amazing group of artisans. Have fun.

Heather Wynn Millican said...

Oh, how I wish I were there! Your booth looks spectacular!

Heather Wynn Millican said...

I just had a look at Jen's website and I am head over heels for her jewelry! Thank you for sharing, Rebecca! I may commission her to create a wedding band for my anniversary :)