Monday, August 24, 2015

Amuse the Muse - handmade metal beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello all! It's the last week of August - how did that happen?! Here in Scotland, we've had some lovely sunshine (at last!) and I have to say, I'm just not ready for the Summer to end. I'm going to savour every moment left! 

It's handmade metal beads this month on Amuse the Muse, and so here's what I found for you this week. Enjoy!







And now for the BeadBlogger links. Have a great week! 






Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.


2 comments:

Bijoux Gems Joy said...

These are some great handmade metal beads you featured today. I especially love the dancing chicken, and the story behind it. seriously cute!

I had to do some research to understand what the metal the flower clasp was made of because there's no description of it on the website. I'd never heard of Shibuichi before. It was very interesting to read about, though I think Green Girl Studios would get benefit out of describing their metal composition, especially since the levels of copper and silver can vary so much and still be called Shibuichi.

And I loved the link for how to whiten yellowed plastic. That is seriously cool!

Thanks
Mona

Julie Wong Sontag said...

Ooh some of my favorites there. I have one of Lucy's (Faerystones) clasps, and it's almost too beautiful to use. So finely crafted. Great finds! And I agree - summer..... come back!! xo -- julie