Monday, January 28, 2008

Fit to Print: Simply Beads: February 2008

As everyone is starting to think about Valentine's Day, we'd like to direct your attention to the February 2008 issue of Simply Beads which is stuffed full of hearts and love filled projects. On page 26, Brokenhearted by Melanie Brooks Lukacs of Earthenwood Studios shows us it really is OK to wear your heart on your sleeve (or at least on your chest).

Turn to page 86 and you can see Melanie at work again with Dots and Spots, a perfect set of earrings to go along with Brokenhearted or to be worn solo.


These Heart charms are the soul of Dots and Spots.

Turn a few more pages to see a special bag titled Next to my Heart by Tari Sasser of Creative Impressions in Clay on page 88. Instructions are provided for both this 2 x 2 1/2 and a 3 1/2 x 5 inch bag.

The larger bag features a Free Form Picasso-esque button, which Tari made by drawing freehand designs into the clay button, and is accompanied by a heartfelt Thank Goddess ceramic charm.



These loving hands help to hold the smaller bag close to your heart.



Take your time to read through all the great info in this issue of Simply Beads - I'm sure you'll begin to get into a loving holiday mood. Post link to your favorite heart project - I'm feeling sort of sappy today - which doesn't happen often, so post those links fast!

5 comments:

melanie brooks said...

Thanks for showing my project, Elaine!

I hope you can hold onto that sappy loving feeling for a coupls more days! Because Ornament Thursday has returned, and this Thursday there will be plenty of romantic projects to warm your heart! The theme is Love Story and we will be participating here on Art Bead Scene as well! Check out the new Ornament Thursday banner on the sidebar...

Stacia said...

I received my wonderful heart bead in the mail over the weekend. Thank you so much Melanie, it is fabulous. I am going to add it to a love goddess that I am making.

Elaine Ray said...

Stacia - I'd love to see your love goddess. Leave us a comment and a link sometime when it is finished.

Thanks!

melanie brooks said...

Stacia,
So glad you received the heart and that you already have an idea for it. I am with Elaine...please show us when you finish, she sounds wonderful...

Stacia said...

I will do that. She should be finished before Valentine's Day so I will come back to let you know. I usually post pics on my blog. So here is the link.
http://purpleroseartworks.blogspot.com
Stop by anytime to say hi.