Saturday, July 21, 2012

Studio Saturday with Creative Impressions In Clay

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.
This weeks winner is Claire Maunsell Congratulations! You have won a three pendants from Jennifer Jangles!
Send Jennifer an e-mail with your address and she will get it right out to you.
This week we visit the studio of Tari Sasser at 
Creative Impressions In Clay.
It's summer. My daughter and grandchildren have been in the country for nearly a month and will be leaving Tuesday to go back to Oslo. How could time go so fast?
The goings on in the studio have been slow. I've been working on glazing orders in between grandchildren running in. They love coming in to the studio where "grandma lady" works, "yets go to the tudio." There is a stash of licorice that is the incentive to go there more often. Alexander, 3, points to everything and tells me "my do dat when my bigger." He is hilarious. He will be using pliers, wire cutters, drills, pottery wheel and other assorted tools when "my is bigger." My will miss them very much come Tuesday.
Summer is filled with shows for many. Busy, busy, busy. Mine is filled with children and not much time in the studio. I would love to start to do more shows but I wouldn't trade my time with my grandchildren for anything!


My question this week is:
How is your summer going?


Leave a comment answering the question. You could win a "Goddess Bless You" button.



Feeling sassy as usual.
Tari Sasser

5 comments:

Mary McMahon said...

One word describes my summer so far--FAST--where has the time gone. It is mid-July and school supplies and clothes are already in the stores! I have made a few bracelets I am excited about and have ideas for several more, but just have to find that limited quantity--time. Love your glaze work and can't wait to see the finished product. Keep on keeping on is my motto this summer! Cheers. Sorry if this posts twice--having problems proving I'm not a robot.

Erin S said...

summer is FLYING by! Looking forward to a mini vacation (4 day weekend) next week, and sadly, thats about all I will have time for.

Chelle said...

Well besides HOT... Summer is going great. I finally found that I like making jewelry. And even though at the age of *cough* 43, I am learning I am not too old to learn new things. I am spending more time with my 3 grandsons :) Major plus right there.

Linda Starr said...

Hot and humid here, but at least we are getting some much needed rain. All the detail on your work is amazing.

Elaine said...

Summer has been fab here - I took the summer off of shows and exhibitions so that I could take a few days off and also concentrate on being prepared for the fall season.

So far so good!