Sunday, November 4, 2012

Show Me Sunday

 
This week, I am showing off my own work a little bit!  Last week I asked to see harvest themed beads, so I figured I would show some of my own.  I have been making these tiny Snack Charms out of porcelain for many years, in Veggie and Fruit designs (on sale now on my website!)  They make adorable earrings on their own, or bunch all the different styles together for a fun bracelet or necklace salad!
 
Show Me More Harvest Beads! 
 
For November, we want to showcase beads, pendants, and components that remind us of the autumn harvest.  Let's see a cornucopia of fall colors, autumnal fruits and veggies and leaves, and a buffet of yummy visual treats to celebrate the change of season. Post your links in the comments here and I will select some of your ideas you leave on this post to highlight in another Show Me Sunday post. 
 
Here is what some of our beady friends have to show off this week:
 
A Bead A Day
If you didn't have a chance to make this Halloween bracelet, don't worry! You can easily use this design with different materials! 
 
About.com Jewelry Making
Catching up on some book reviews, Tammy finds one with tons of great pictures showing how to make bead and wire jewelry.  

Art Bead Scene
Take a tour of some of the jewelry that was inspired by last month's painting inspiration. 
 
Beading Arts
"Metal Month" comes to an end on Beading Arts, but it leaves with a BANG!  

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi uses a very unique wool to craft kumihimo bracelets. 
 
Resin Crafts!
Resin Crafts blog has a two part series on how to use tissue to cover an open space in a pendant. 
 
Melanie Brooks is the ceramic beadmaker behind Earthenwood Studio, who blogs from her Metro Detroit, Michigan home.

1 comment:

Erin Siegel said...

I'm partial to leaves myself. Here are two favorites:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/112860264/root-beer-porcelain-leaf-pendant-link

http://www.etsy.com/listing/113642334/one-1-copper-maple-leaf-pendant-focal