We are so thankful to the community here at the Art Bead Scene and our faithful readers. Thank you for participating in our monthly challenges, joining in our blog hops, joining us for our Studio Saturday adventures and sharing your thoughtful comments with us. Our creative endeavor here is enriched because you join in with us exploring the world of art beads. Thank you!!!
A few of our contributors are having sales for a weekend. Here are the coupon codes and websites to check out! Sale dates are listed below - be sure to use the discount codes when you check out.
Gaea - Use coupon code BEADINGBLISS for 15% Friday through Monday.
Tesori Trovati - 15% off with discount code HOHOHO or Free Shipping with the code: FREESHIP. Both offers are valid from 11/23-11/30
Humblebeads - Save 20% off now until Monday with discount code THANKS20. Orders of $100 or more will receive a free holiday charm!
I created this tiny banner to offer some cheer to someone dear to me this Thanksgiving. You can adjust the message or personalize it with a name or date to create a sweet ornament for the holidays.
12" 22 gauge brass colored wire
3mm faceted brass bead
14mm disk bead
Ball peen hammer
2-hole metal punch
Round nose and chain nose pliers
1. Stamp your word onto the brass blank.
2. Texture around the word with the round end of the ball peen hammer. Use a buffing block to highlight the texture.
3. Paint the letters and wipe of the access paint.
4. Create a hole with the 2-hole punch, so there is a hole on both ends.
5. Create a wrapped loop and string on the polymer clay bead and brass bead.
6. Create a loop to hold the beads in place. Twist the wire with your hands and pliers to create the vine textured wire. Hold the wire with one hand and twist it to create the crooks and turns, use round-nose pliers to create the small loops in the wire.
7. Attach the wire with a simple loop to the other side of the leaf.
Resources: Leaf and wire: Vintaj. Polymer clay bead: Humblebeads. Brass Bead: Rings & Things.