Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I am Hosting a Design Challenge!

Hi everyone!  Michelle from Firefly Design Studio here :)  I am excited to announce I will be hosting my first design challenge in January 2016.  Next week the ceramic bead kits will be available to purchase on my etsy site.  The first challenge theme is paisleys.  I have 2 color combos to choose from....bright and neutral.  The kits are $20 and include a pendant, a bracelet topper, 2 flower discs, 2 12mm hand rolled spacer beads, 2 head pins, 2 paisley imprinted flat beads (not pictured) and a surprise bead from a guest artist (not pictured).


My first guest artist is Shannon Vickers from Blue Blazes Lampwork.  Shannon is from Fort Myers, Florida and I have gotten to know her through bead shows we have sold at together.  I love her work and I think you will, too.  She has designed a wonderful bead to coordinate with my 2 color palettes.

The rules are simple....you will design a necklace, bracelet and earring set and have to use everything you receive in the kit.  Of course any beading technique and any other goodies from your own stash is what will make the challenge interesting.  I will be laying out the timeline to get everything completed on the group Facebook challenge page.  

The challenges will be quarterly.  I know the second challenge will be bird related and the Summer challenge will take us to the beach.  Voting will be by the jewelry design only...no name will be attached to the design.  Also...there are prizes!  $100 in beads for 1st prize, $50 in beads for 2nd prize and $25 in beads for 3rd prize.  If you'd like to follow along and join the fun, please feel free to join the group!

Firefly Design Studio Design Challenge Group


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Beads and art Work :-)
Its so beautyful art :-)

I do different art myself.

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

Really fun and so pretty!
Jean