Sunday, November 8, 2015

November Challenge Color Palette

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." - George Eliot
I can't help think of this quote when I look at the colors in this silkscreen. In fact, I can look up from the my computer, out over our woodland meadow surrounding my home and see the exact same color palette. I printed this out right away and ran to the studio to make new beads!
I could get lost in the sophisticated play of hues, overlapping and peeking through each other to create new muted colors. Mixed in with all of those muddy, tertiary colors I love the pop of teal, cornflower blue, olive green and those wonderful rusty oranges. I could play for days in this color palate. 
Have fun pulling out leaf, floral and fern themed beads this month or just revel in the colors as your inspiration. 
See my new beads inspired by the color palette in my Etsy shop

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful palette and inspiration!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I wasn't inspired by the image choice this month. To me the art is dull. But the beads using the same colors are gorgeous!