Monday, March 29, 2010

Designer of the Week: Jill Palumbo

Each Monday we feature the Designer of the Week. One of our editors pick their favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries. This week's featured designer is Jill Palumbo.


ABS Editor, Cindy Gimbrone had this to say about Jill's submission:

What a lovely entry into the ABS March Challenge! It's such a beautiful interpretation of Van Gogh's painting. Jill has really captured the painting's spirit and created a true statement piece. I look to seeing more from her!

If you'd like to see more of Jill's work, you can visit her Etsy Shop.

10 comments:

Jill Palumbo said...

Wow, my heart just skipped a beat or two. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment of choosing my design. I'm just thrilled. I do most of my selling lately through our local art museum, so my Etsy shop needs a bit of an update. In case anyone wants to see my latest work, please come visit my Flickr photostream where I make updates nearly every day.
Thanks again so much. You made my day a very happy one! http://www.flickr.com/photos/jillpalumbo/

Voi said...

There are loads of designers out there but the ones I came across either charged ridiculously expensive fees or they sucked.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful piece! Congratulations Jill:)

All the best,

Patricia

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

It is a beautiful piece.

m.e. said...

Jill,
well deserved !!! A very beautiful and eye catching design !
m.e. :)

Linda Landig said...

Fabulous! A real head-turner!

Eve said...

Congrats Jill!
It really is a pretty piece. Very unique and cheerful.
Eve

elizabeadan said...

Love the flowers....nice contrast!

Kate said...

I'm so glad to see Jill win the designer of the week! This piece is perfection for the challenge painting! Kudos Jill on the great caning and that wonderful focal, I think this is your best work to date!

mairedodd said...

this is a stunning piece, congratulations on getting designer of the week! i have such admiration for the ingenuity and creativity of polymer clay artists...