Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pop Culture Inspiration

First, our winner from the Alice in Wonderland drawing is Alice Howe! How fitting! Congrats Alice, please email me your address and I'll send those pendants out to you today.

Today I'm showing some exciting new pendants from Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio.  If you follow Melanie's blog, then you are fimilar with her Song Lore Saturdays.  Each week Melanie takes a song and creates jewelry or beads inspired by the lyrics.  Her latest creations are based on Paul Simon's Graceland, which happens to be a favorite of mine.  You can read the post here and the can find the entire Song Lore series here.

Melanie is offering some of the heart pendants in her Etsy shop.

From Alice in Wonderland to Graceland, beadmakers and jewelry designers can find a treasure trove of inspiration in songs, books, movies and more.  Have you created jewelry based on one of these inspirations?  I'd love to hear about or read a blog post about it, if you have written about a special piece you've created.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous! Didn't know Melanie's work, thanks for sharing!! Off to see more of it...

Jeannie said...

OH I'm seeing some beautiful lariats in my future using these stunners!

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

i saw these on her blog
fantastic-really love them :D
tabby

DVArtist said...

Congratulations to Alice.
The pendants are wonderful. I am off to her etsy shop.

Nicole/Beadwright

melanie brooks said...

Thank you so much for blogging about my hearts and Song Lore series!

Azure Accessories said...

Congratulations to Alice Howe!

Gorgeous pendants from Earthenwood Studio...I'm not familiar with her work but I'm always looking for new hearts among other things!!!

Cheers

The Lone Beader® said...

I have never created jewelry like that, but I my blue beaded bus is inspired by The Doors song 'the End', and my Yellow Submarine, well that speaks for itself. :D

Julie Pishny said...

Gorgeous work, thank you for sharing I am off to see more of her lovely creations.