Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.
This week's winner is Blanche and Guy! Congratulations! You have won a pair of wood and ceramic earrings from Lorelei Eurto. Send Lorelei your address and she will get your prize right out to you.
So what made me snap and decide to clean up my bead mess, that looked like this just two weeks ago?
I had to have incentives:
1. I wanted to create a more inspiring space.
2. I had company coming to stay and this doubles as the guest room.
3. I promised myself to submit my photos to Studios magazine when it was done.
1. Cried and complained.
2. Worked one corner at a time.
3. Threw away, gave away and packed away the clutter.
4. Cried and complained.
5. Told people what I was doing so I couldn't just stop.
6. Stopped crying and complaining and just plowed through until the room was done. It took about a week to organize 5 years of clutter and beady mess.
1. Everything I need and use on a daily basis is within arms reach.
2. Everything is clearly labeled and has a place.
3. It's super easy to pick things up as soon as I'm done.
4. I have many trays that can stack up to hold projects that are in progress.
Is it working? Yep, a week later and I'm still picking up as soon as I finish a project. The table is clear and ready for the next round. I've made jewelry and beads all week and had company. What do you know - old dogs can learn new tricks or is it that wild beads can be tamed?
grab bag from my Etsy shop.
Written by Heather Powers, www.humblebeads.com.