Thursday, March 11, 2010

How I Organized My Studio for $45*

board & paint - $12
hardware - $9
magnetic strip for tools - $9
baskets - $2
shelf - $8
brackets - $4

I organized everything so that the things I use the most are near the edge of the board and lower.  Higher up and toward the middle of the board houses items I use less frequently.

The little baskets hold rubber stamps, molds and paints that I use for beadmaking. Mason jars, bamboo pencil holders and ceramic dishes hold items on the shelf.

I painted the peg board a bright color to avoid the 'garage' look.  To see it in living color and read more about my studio makeover visit my blog.

*Expenses for the peg board display only - there were shelves, plastic bins and a broken window that added up!

11 comments:

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

organized studio - priceless

TesoriTrovati said...

Considering that I just spent a whopping $585 on something that will organize me pretty, you win the race on this one, dear Heather! Looks great. I can see that much creating will happen in this space! Enjoy the day! Erin

Bobbi Ann said...

Wow, very nice and the price was right to!

Alice said...

Awesome! My biggest problem is putting tools and beads away after I'm done......

Jeannie said...

What's that saying? "if your desk isn't cluttered you probably aren't doing your job."
I say if your workspace is cluttered you can't do your job.

I hope you can still find everything. I don't what to see a sign in your Etsy shop that says,
"shop closed til I can find my stuff to make beads."

Farm Girl Cat said...

This is great! I need to do some organizing myself.

Beth Hikes said...

Geez, I'm starting to feel like a slob over here...when will all the organizing end? :) tre beautiful and I'm considering having you do mine!

Heather Powers said...

Erin, I would much rather have the printers cabinet than a peg board anyday!

Jeannie, I worked really hard to design this space to work with me. It won't stay this clean, but I don't want it to look like a natural diaster ever again.

Beth, no one is going to make you clean your room! I needed the mental space to work on my book. I feel like it's like the nesting pregnant women do!

Anonymous said...

Very neat, I think if you are very organized, as you are you will work better and the creative juices will flow easier and better.

Unknown said...

Wow, cheap but lovely!

Lisa Crone said...

Oh I am so jealous!! It makes me want to create!