Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Saint Patrick's Carnival Bloggers' Day!

Happy Saint Patrick's Carnival Bloggers' Day! Well, ok, that's not the official name for today's celebration but we are celebrating the green and today IS the monthly ABS Carnival Bloggers' post!

Mary Lou opens this month's Carnival Blog by asking a few of her bead and jewelry making pals a question, "What fuels your passion?" - a question that our ABS Carnival Bloggers answer very eloquently for us this month. Let's take a look at what our bloggers have to say.....

Cindy Wimmer shares her passion for wire and how it all started. Cindy's earlier efforts include the lovely spinner pendants below.

Like Cindy, Sharon found her passion in a spool of wire and a set of tools.

Mary Ellen experience is free spirited and she has written a fun post this month explaining how play lead her to discover her passion.

Mary Jo and Erin approach their art in a different way. They write thoughtful blogs - deep reflection and quotes are characteristic of each post. This month, Erin tell us how beads quickly became a passion for her. While Mary Jo weaves quotes and pictures of her inspired jewelry to define passion.

Some artists explore by jumping in and making things. Janel Dudley gets to the torch and has many misfires but it doesn't discourage her. It fuels her passion. Anyone can see that when they see her lovely "Raw Experience" necklace (below).

The same is true of our own Island Girl who quizzes her husband and then realizes she is passionate about her flower garden beads (below).


Passion is defined by who you are - what you do or what you create. So let's ask Mary Lou question to our dear ABS readers, "What fuels YOUR passion?"

(Thank you to all the wonderful ABS Carnival Bloggers for their posts and inspiration!) written by Cindy Gimbrone.

12 comments:

Mary Newton Designs said...

I'm passionate about making jewelry-beads, wire, metal, whatever! I'm fueled by life, beauty, art and love! There is no question about creating, I simply must.

mairedodd said...

anything and everything... just waking up to a new day... what a wonderful group i have been included in for this carnival ~ thanks cindy... mary jane

Christine said...

I have recently found my passion in metals -- more than just wire...and have always had a passion for glass. I'm truly passionate, though, about experimenting, trying stuff out and seeing what works. I improvise more than I work with the 'traditional' tools, methods and processes, and I love that I can do that.

Well, that, and caffeine and music. They're pretty good straight-up fuels, too. :)

After Hours Art Glass said...

Thanks for a great post Cindy, this topic is very near and dear to me. My passion for glass is all consuming, I'm inspired by fashion & photography and often find myself working into the wee hours of the night to capture something in glass. Translating life/fashion into glass is what fuels my passion, if I can inspire someone to see what I saw and feel the "wow" in one of my beads then I've accomplished what I set out to do :-)

Azure Accessories said...

That was great fun clicking around to visit all those talented ladies...

My bead/silver passion is rather new only three and a half years but it is a true passion...there is so much I would like to learn and so little time...:0)

Wonderful passions ladies...
Cheers

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thanks for sharing what fuels your passion! This has been a great month for the Carnival Bloggers - once again, they posted interesting, thoughtful and fun posts! Maybe I should re-name them the Carnival Blogging Babes? LOL!

Make sure your passion is fueled today!

Unknown said...

My passion post is up today. It spotlights my favorite art bead artists! www.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing the fever Cindy!

TesoriTrovati said...

Thank you Miss Cindy and ABS for the opportunity to share my passion with you and your readers! I have enjoyed being a part of this great group of passionate people! There is such a wonderful feel to this community. None of you look at me strangely when I say my passion arrives in small baggies...you know because you feel it too! Thank you for the opportunity! Enjoy the day! Erin

Peridots Garden Blog said...

This is my first visit to your blog...and now I'm a follower...I came over from Mary Newton Designs...

Love your blog!

What fuels my passion? I'm probably a strange bird...I often buy beads, pendants or things that catch my fancy...then it is normal for me to put them away...until the vision in my mind becomes solidified...even then I may just group the pieces together...and wait...

Usually I get my inspiration from something in natures color wheel...then I'll draw upon textures and the subtle effects of everyday life.

When I get that "design is ready in my soul" feeling then and only then do I actually sit down and put it together...

I sometimes may put the completed design away for a few days, weeks or months until I have looked at it with a completely fresh mind...

Thank you for sharing,

Sandy

Islandgirl said...

Thanks so much for including my flower garden pendant... I now have real flowers in my garden... 10 days earlier than last year... so I can fuel my passion with real flowers for a few months again!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Raw Experience!

I am honored!

Cyndi L said...

My passion is found in being self-employed! Although I've loved every stage of my life, I've gotta say that this stage is THE BEST! Every nail-chewing moment of it :-)