Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Finds with Lorelei: Toulouse Lautrec


This week I thought I'd give you a little help with this month's ABS challenge, which may have some of you stumped for ideas. Although all the colors of the painting aren't here, I did find some interesting beads that remind me of tulle or lace that would be under the main dancer's dress. Like those lampwork glass beads from Sarah Hornick- look at the detailing, don't they look like waves of tulle!?  I tried thinking outside the box for you!! I hope you enjoy this week's Friday Finds.  Click the above picture and it will take you to the treasury at Etsy.

Marcelle Lender Dancing the Bolero in "ChilpĂ©ric," 1895–96.
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (French, 1864-1901).
Oil on canvas. 145 x 149 cm (57 1/8 x 59 in.).
Collection of Mr. and Mrs. John Hay Whitney, 1990.127.1.
© National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.

7 comments:

Alice said...

I looked through all these lovely shops and by now I am drooling. Thanks for doing all the leg work for us!

jnicdesigns said...

Gorgeous collection and a beautiful inspiration to work with! Thank you so much for including me! =)

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

The colors in that painting are definitely inspiring! I am going to make something fun with those colors.

I'm also honored to have my cornflower blue pattern beads included, too! Thank you!

TesoriTrovati said...

I love your Friday finds, Lorelei. Very inspiring. I don't lack inspiration for this one but I just wish that I had more hours in the day to come up with something!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Miss Val's Creations said...

The colors in the pieces you chose are a perfect complement to the work of art!

Lithi said...

Hummina hummina! *frools* What to choose, want them all!

Dale said...

ooo... great treasury! I especially love the stoneware connector... Just favorited libradesigns' shop!