Saturday, September 27, 2008

Studio Saturday-Unleashed

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner. This week's winner is jenny j. at JenJuddRocks! Congratulations! Please send your postal address to the ABS Suggestion Box to receive your Pumpkin Beads from Jennifer at Jangles.


Fun, Funky&Functional Eyeglass Leash! I love these leashes. They are too fun and colorful. I just can't get enough of color! I am constantly loosing my glasses throughout the day. Here's my fun solution. They are made with my Bead Buttons w/loops on both sides and anodized aluminum jump rings. And the plastic eyeglass finding. They have sold well at the last 2 shows I did.

iPod Unleashed!
I had to show off my new iPod Touch with it's custom skin. I found www.skinit.com by accident one day. You can get your custom skin made with any photo you choose. Plus you can put text on it.
My new iPod Touch is sporting my Tie Dye Buttons. It definitely is not mistaken for anyone elses iPod!

This weeks prize is a set of 6 Bead Buttons with loops on each side so you can make your own eyeglass leash or necklace.

Do you like the leash and would you wear it?
What would you make with the Bead Buttons if you were this weeks winner?


Leave your comment and you just might be the lucky winner!!

Tari- Creative Impressions In Clay

11 comments:

Rosanne said...

I love your leash, and I have one that I wear occassionally, but I don't take my glasses off during the day. I need them to do everything. I wear leashes when I'm boating, I know people who have dropped glasses in the water never to be found again! I would make a bracelet with your buttons, they are so cute!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Gorgeous colors, Tari, love the eyeglass leash with all that bright shiny metallic color!

Trish said...

I love the leash! I am in love with the colors - but I have contacts, so I would wear it as a "jump drive lanyard" - that way I could keep my computer stuff with me in style!
If I had just the buttons, they would instantly become a necklace and earrings....and I would be the envy of everyone I met!

Trish

Alicia G. said...

The leash is great! I would use it with my sun glasses! I would use the bead buttons as the center of some fabric flowers which would either be brooches or hair clips. Although I like Trish's idea of using them for earrings too.

rosebud101 said...

I love those buttons! They are so bright and colorful. If I were to win some, I would save them until the cold weather begins to move in. (I live in Minnesota.) We are not too far away from that time right now. The days get cloudy and gloomy, and the sun rises later and later and sets earlier and earlier. I would save them for one of those yucky winter days, then I would pull them out, and I would make me a bright and colorful necklace that would add some light to a gloomy day. I used to wear a lanyard. I don't use them any more only because I go to the dollar store and buy my cheaters there. I have them all over the house!

Anonymous said...

I love your eyeglass holders.I wear glassess also&one nught I was not in the mood to bead,then I thought eyeglassesSince then I have for several colors,but none like your'.As far as the beads go,I want to put them in a necklace for my mom & my daughter.They both were born on Oct.8.With about 60 tys. between they.I do hope I win-this is as good as it could get.

Donna said...

I think I'll copy your design. I love eyeglass 'leashes'. For all you readers, I have the 'perfect' color combination in one of my leashes. It matches most of my wardrobe, because the transparent glass beads catch the color of the blouse: peach, mauve and orchid. It changes to brown, to gray, to anything but turquoise and blue (so I have another one for that).

cindy said...

I like the leash, especially those colored jump rings! The bead buttons I would problably use as button clasps for bracelets, but you never know!
Cindy
http://www.devinedesignsjewelry.etsy.com
http://www.devinedesignsjewelry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh ! Boy ! Love the eyeglass leash
I wear glasses and would love to make one for myself !! Iwould also make a funky fun bracelet with your very funky fresh button beads!! Glad your back in the studio ! Happy Beading :)

gaela said...

That is one cool ipod skin! Love the colours. I would definitely wear the eyeglass leash, it is just so fun and funky. Also, since I am getting older, I am thoroughly enjoying doing the things that I used to think that only old folks did, and without one, I am constantly loosing my glasses! So if I won (and I've never one on here), but if I did I would make the leash like yours (I already have the colourful jumprings) but I'd make it so it could be a necklace as well.

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments and ideas. We have wonderful and very creative readers!
I do make another version that is used for a yarn or thread cutter or badges. A jump drive look great hanging from one also!